• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

MW2: Post Launch Discussion(possible spoilers enter at own risk)

Doc Holiday

didn't read all of the posts in the thread but i'm gonna go ahead and say how bad i HATE playing this game online. NOTHING but campers. seriously

every once in a while you can join a game and have fun..usually not though

There are campers everywhere it's obnoxious. It's especially bad in The Rock Quarry. My favorite levels so far are Scrapyard and Terminal. It's just annoying that some d-bag can post up in a corner and wait for people to come by, so he can get his 5 kills and feel good about himself. I just wait until I get in a good game and stay with that party as long as possible.

Campers are just part of the game, the trick is to know where they are and then flash/stun/nade them outta their holes. Sure campers get me from time to time but im always top 3 always always always and campers are bottom feeders at best. Noob Tubers are the worst. Dont let that stuff piss you off, it only motivates me more to kick their asses twice as hard.

Campers are just part of the game, the trick is to know where they are and then flash/stun/nade them outta their holes. Sure campers get me from time to time but im always top 3 always always always and campers are bottom feeders at best. Noob Tubers are the worst. Dont let that stuff piss you off, it only motivates me more to kick their asses twice as hard.

You on Xbox or PS3?

I'm mixed about this game. Yeah, new guns, perks, unlocks, and graphics, but it doesn't feel as fun and addicting as CoD4 did when it came out.

1. Maps are big, which isn't always a bad thing but this game is camper heaven. 500 ladders, buildings, etc. Also, there's inherit lag in this game because of the detail of the maps maybe (and lots of people being on too though). The basic of FPS's is to own a side of the map, not in this game, it makes playing very random. No map sticks out for me, except a few I hate. They all feel the same despite graphics and terrain.

2. Rewarding people who suck, with death streaks, is stupid.

3. The fact someone that's 0-20 can stumble upon a enemy care package and get a ac130 or gunship chopper and then easily get 10-15 kills off of it pisses me off.

4. Game will be loved because it's noob friendly, big time. This game is way easier than than Cod4.

5. Matchmaking is horrid, takes forever to get into a game, and when you do it's laggy. Migration works 50% of the time and I still get just kicked out something or the room shuts down.

6. Giving snipers silencers, heart beat sensors, shotguns or machine pistols, is pure retarded.

7. Too many kill-streaks, way too many. The game is centered around streaks, not about shooting and getting kills. I wish they'd make a "old school tdm" mode where you only get the default (uav/airstrike/chopper) streaks.

8. CTF is a fun game mode though.

9. SMG's are worthless now, maybe a couple maps they can be used but not 90% of the maps like CoD4. Lots of players loved SMG play, that's gone.

10. No party chat allowed in most game modes. Come on, I've had enough of squeeky kids' voices.

I gave World at War a month so I'll give this some time, but right now I'm very disappointed. I popped in some CoD4 tonight and there was about 15k-20k people still on it so it may still be a relevant game.

This game plays like a hybrid between COD4 and the Rainbow six franchise, if you played them both you'll know what I mean, this game is less arcade like and more tactical, you don't need the best players you need the ones that will play like a team.

If anything this game stresses team work more then anything. and just running off by yourself will not work anymore.

I have noticed some campers but not too bad, I have probably played 2-3 hours of matchmaking total and have got the hang of it. It does play different than COD 4 but I can't really put a finger on it, maybe a little slower.

I have noticed that I am getting shot in the back constantly but it is probably just me not being used to the maps yet.

To those that say that matchmaking is slow, I get a match within 10-20 seconds and there has been hardly any lag. It has reconnected to another host a couple times. I am happy with it and so far I think it is better than COD 4 by a mile.

I also think the game is balanced with the death streaks and upgrades. It evens the playing field. Although starting out with just using regular sights is a huge disadvantage. I could hardly do anything until a got the red dot sight. Fortunately it doesn't take too long to start upgrading your gun.

Probably the best graphics I have seen to date on the 360, I don't have a huge game library so there may be something that looks better. All I know is that it looks unreal on my 42" Panasonic plasma.

I was really considering buying this game but after I read how they consolized the multiplayer on the PC I doubt I'll be getting it. No dedicated servers, only able to join custom games if your on a friends list, crushing the number of people allowed in a multiplayer game, advantage for game hosters because of 0 ping, etc. Ridiculous to remove so much utility and customization that was in the previous MW game.

I was really considering buying this game but after I read how they consolized the multiplayer on the PC I doubt I'll be getting it. No dedicated servers, only able to join custom games if your on a friends list, crushing the number of people allowed in a multiplayer game, advantage for game hosters because of 0 ping, etc. Ridiculous to remove so much utility and customization that was in the previous MW game.

Dude im sooooo pissed they did this, I mean WTF!!!!! If I wanted to play multiplayer Xbox style I would have bought the game for Xbox. Unfortunately this seems to be the way PC multiplayer is going, 2nd game in the past 3 months ive got that has this style of multiplayer. As a long time PC gamer this is a kick in the nuts to the online gaming community. Dedicated servers seem to be going the way of VHS.

:mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5:

If anyone has read the chat Infinity Ward had at a Best Buy they are basically telling PC gamers they can screw themselves. This particular answer is very amusing.

Moriarte: Ignoring IW.net, is the PC version a direct port of the console version?

Mackey-IW: No, PC has custom stuff like mouse control, text chat in game, and graphics settings.

Wow, we get to use our keyboards and mice to play the game, we should be grateful to them for including these exclusive features.

If anyone has read the chat Infinity Ward had at a Best Buy they are basically telling PC gamers they can screw themselves. This particular answer is very amusing.

Wow, we get to use our keyboards and mice to play the game, we should be grateful to them for including these exclusive features.

I agree the PC version got the short end of the stick from IW and Activision this time around but any shooter is still 100X better on the PC. I haven't had much of an issue with matchmaking so at least I'm not experiencing that while console owners seem to be. The games good, not AMAZING by any means a solid game but there are better shooters out there, and there will be better ones to come.

I agree the PC version got the short end of the stick from IW and Activision this time around but any shooter is still 100X better on the PC. I haven't had much of an issue with matchmaking so at least I'm not experiencing that while console owners seem to be. The games good' date=' not AMAZING by any means a solid game but there are better shooters out there, and there will be better ones to come.[/quote']

Unfortunately this is going to be an ongoing trend with console ports of PC games. The real money for game developers is in software for consoles. They are going to spend the majority of their time on their bread and butter. Most people do not play games like these on their PC's anymore. I never have been a big PC gamer but it sucks for you guys that are and have a lot of money invested in high end systems. Hopefully companies will continue to make exclusive PC titles like Crysis and such.

Archived