• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Potential Draft Position (3rd-14th)

KBRed

And the final leg is here, and yet again...another Draft Thread!

So, let's take a look at the teams that effect our final placement...

• 3rd - Houston Texans (4-11) vs. Tennessee Titans                             SOS: 0.540
  • 4th - Atlanta Falcons (4-11) vs. Tampa Bay Bucs                                SOS: 0.550
  • 5th - Cincinnati Bengals (4-10-1) vs. Baltimore Ravens                      SOS: 0.527
  • 6th - Philadelphia Eagles (4-10-1) vs. Washington Football Team    SOS: 0.531
  • 7th - Detroit Lions (5-10) vs. Minnesota Vikings                                   SOS: 0.504
  • 8th - New York Giants (5-10) vs. Dallas Cowboys                                 SOS: 0.506
  • 9th - Carolina Panthers (5-10) vs. New Orleans Saints                         SOS: 0.529
  • 10th - Denver Broncos (5-10) vs. Las Vegas Raiders                            SOS: 0.567
  • 11th - Dallas Cowboys (6-9) vs. New York Giants                                  SOS: 0.465
  • 12th - LA Chargers (6-9) vs. Kansas City Chiefs (resting starters)      SOS: 0.490
  • 13th - Minnesota Vikings (6-9) vs. Detroit Lions                                     SOS: 0.508
  • 14th - New England Patriots (6-9) vs. New York Jets                             SOS: 0.533
  • 15th - San Francisco (6-9) vs. Seattle Seahawks                                    SOS: 0.544

As you can see, it's a tough road back to 3rd...given the Titans, Bucs, Ravens and WFT are all fighting for the playoffs/seeds. And if we win...Lord have mercy on our souls...We could fall to 14th. San Francisco's SOS will be higher than ours. And the Patriots are playing the Jets, I believe their SOS would be worse than ours at that point...IF they lose to the Jets, which I don't know which chess piece Belichick will be playing that game, since they already have a 'winning culture'.

4 minutes ago, KBRed said:

And the final leg is here, and yet again...another Draft Thread!

So, let's take a look at the teams that effect our final placement...

• 3rd - Houston Texans (4-11) vs. Tennessee Titans
  • 4th - Atlanta Falcons (4-11) vs. Tampa Bay Bucs
  • 5th - Cincinnati Bengals (4-10-1) vs. Baltimore Ravens
  • 6th - Philadelphia Eagles (4-10-1) vs. Washington Football Team
  • 7th - Detroit Lions (5-10) vs. Minnesota Vikings
  • 8th - New York Giants (5-10) vs. Dallas Cowboys
  • 9th - Carolina Panthers (5-10) vs. New Orleans Saints
  • 10th - Denver Broncos (5-10) vs. Las Vegas Raiders
  • 11th - Dallas Cowboys (6-9) vs. New York Giants
  • 12th - LA Chargers (6-9) vs. Kansas City Chiefs (resting starters)
  • 13th - Minnesota Vikings (6-9) vs. Detroit Lions
  • 14th - New England Patriots (6-9) vs. New York Jets
  • 15th - San Francisco (6-9) vs. Seattle Seahawks 

As you can see, it's a tough road back to 3rd...given the Titans, Bucs, Ravens and WFT are all fighting for the playoffs. And if we win...Lord have mercy on our souls...We could fall to 14th. San Francisco's SOS will be higher than ours. And the Patriots are playing the Jets, I believe their SOS would be worse than ours at that point...IF they lose to the Jets, which I don't know which chess piece Belichick will be playing that game.

and Houston's pick goes to Miami. where in exchange for Tunsil they will have an even better LT for the next 10-15 years.

54 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Yeah, they made like bandits in that trade. They also get the Texans 2nd rounder

They also had Houston’s 1st and 2nd in 2020. That was a ridiculous trade and they saved on a huge amount of cap. Too bad our GM wasn’t even good enough to take advantage of one of the worst GM/coaches of all time.

There were alot of hypotheticals before last game assuming we would lose against Washington, so I appreciate all senarios being taken into account here.

We definitely can't assume we're going to lose this time either.  Divisional games tend to throw logic out of the window 

22 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

Would we not pass the Lions next week no matter what based on SOS??? We are close right now and we play the Saints next week and they play the Vikings...

Lions would have a weaker SOS, due to the lesser opponent...so, hoping for them to win.

4 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

Would we not pass the Lions next week no matter what based on SOS??? We are close right now and we play the Saints next week and they play the Vikings...

No. Tankathon uses the full 16 game schedule so it doesn’t move that much week to week. I don’t think there’s any way we could pass them. Also, ESPN had something saying Stafford might not play. Honestly, looking at Tankathon there don’t appear to be any SOS changes that will change enough to affect tiebreakers.

Our best bets (assuming we lose, we win and fug it) are the Giants beating Dallas, and Philly beating Washington if they play like this week. I’d only bet on the Giants though.

Houston beating Tennessee, Atlanta beating Tampa, Cincy beating Baltimore and Detroit beating Minnesota are a lot less likely. Wouldn’t surprise me to see one upset here.

I’d bet on us moving up to 7 or 8, but that’s it.

6 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Bucs have clinched a playoff spot already.

Would you rather play at Washington/Giants/Dallas or play at Seattle/NO? Tampa will be trying to beat Atlanta. They could take the risk that the Rams lose to Arizona, but that game is after theirs.

My prediction in Bold

• 3rd - Houston Texans (4-11) vs. Tennessee Titans                             SOS: 0.540
  • 4th - Atlanta Falcons (4-11) vs. Tampa Bay Bucs                                SOS: 0.550
  • 5th - Cincinnati Bengals (4-10-1) vs. Baltimore Ravens                      SOS: 0.527
  • 6th - Philadelphia Eagles (4-10-1) vs. Washington Football Team    SOS: 0.531
  • 7th - Detroit Lions (5-10) vs. Minnesota Vikings                                   SOS: 0.504
  • 8th - New York Giants (5-10) vs. Dallas Cowboys                                 SOS: 0.506
  • 9th - Carolina Panthers (5-10) vs. New Orleans Saints                         SOS: 0.529
  • 10th - Denver Broncos (5-10) vs. Las Vegas Raiders                            SOS: 0.567
  • 11th - Dallas Cowboys (6-9) vs. New York Giants                                  SOS: 0.465
  • 12th - LA Chargers (6-9) vs. Kansas City Chiefs (resting starters)      SOS: 0.490
  • 13th - Minnesota Vikings (6-9) vs. Detroit Lions                                     SOS: 0.508
  • 14th - New England Patriots (6-9) vs. New York Jets                             SOS: 0.533
  • 15th - San Francisco (6-9) vs. Seattle Seahawks                                    SOS: 0.544

I wish it would be different but I don't see us moving up any higher. 

Archived