• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official MLB Offseason Thread

tarheelblue89

Talk your team's trades/releases/signings/firings/hirings/anything you want.

Sox traded Getz and Fields for Mark Teahen the other day. Also bought out the rest of JD's contract. Sad to see him and Getz go, but glad to see we got a guy that can play Right and Third.

Plus one of my favorite moves so far, re-signed Kotsay.

Good idea on this thread....

Rumor has it the Phillies have a 25 year old, World Series MVP by the name of Cole Hamels on the block. Also, heard that the Phillies are still showing interest in acquiring Roy Halladay if they can move Hamels. I would love to see Cliff Lee and Halladay combo. Ahhhhh gotta love early off season rumors.

New ownership seems to be the only real news for the Cubs.

Rumors flying around about a 3 team deal that moves Bradley to Toronto and brings Castillo to the Cubs, but I find this difficult to believe.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/11/bradley-being-discussed-in-threeway-deal.html

Even rumblings of him going back to Texas.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

No matter what, he CAN'T be back next year, so if I am any other team I just wait for him to be released rather than deal.

Other than that, I doubt the Cubs do much of anything.

Too much dead weight, and crappy contracts, with no dough to maneuver.

Hudson locked up, as well as the yearly signing of random bullpen guys, and there are rumors that Valaquez may be next for an extension. Which means hopefully the Braves can fool someone into taking Lowe and/or Kawakami off their hands. I'd like to rent Jermaine Dye for a year for insurance for Haywood and drug LaRoche, then set his clock 5 months ahead to get him to think April is really after the All-Star break.

Archived