• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jags have #1 currently

SmokinwithWilly

If the Panthers weren't in such need of a QB, I'd be loudly advocating for trading down with Washington to accrue draft cap. They'd probably kill for a shot at Trey Lance, risks be damned, and Ron Rivera is there so we have his number. 

That said, Jets fans got reason to be weighing their Fandom options. 

12 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If the Jets were #1 they would definitely take Lawrence but I do wonder if they're at #2 if they'd look elsewhere and give Darnold another shot. I'd say it's potentially on the table pending Gase's replacement's evaluation of Darnold.

Can't you just wait until we are talking about our drafted QB like Darnold? Fun times, right?

11 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

He may be great, but anytime I see a qb who is on a team that has significantly more talent than the teams they go up against, I wonder how much of it is that player and how much of it is his supporting cast.  If you look at the elite qb's in the NFL right now, most of them don't come from the the NCAA powerhouse teams.   Mahomes was at Texas tech, Brees was Purdue I think, Rogers was at Cal or Stanford (can't remember which).    And its not as if Clemson had a huge dropoff when Lawrence was out.  Their defense looked bad at Notre Dame, but the offense didn't really drop off. 

Like I said, he may be great, but its not a sure thing.   

I mean Cam was from Auburn and did pretty well. Tom Brady was from Michigan and Kylar Murray came from Oklahoma. Not to mention Watson also came from clemson and is a pretty good QB. I think he's a smart kid with talent and probably will do relatively well. Will he make the Jets or Jags better idk. That's a hard decision. 

8 hours ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

A win by tb this week and a loss a no to make them need to play.

A win by NO keeps them possibly in the 2 seed and needing to win to not be the 3 seed. Seattle and LA play this weekend and GB has a tough game with Tennessee. It’s really likely that NO has to beat us to get a better seed and not be on the road 2 games to get to SB or be on the road all 3 games.

4 hours ago, Snake said:

I mean Cam was from Auburn and did pretty well. Tom Brady was from Michigan and Kylar Murray came from Oklahoma. Not to mention Watson also came from clemson and is a pretty good QB. I think he's a smart kid with talent and probably will do relatively well. Will he make the Jets or Jags better idk. That's a hard decision. 

Mannings played in the SEC. Tons of good power 5 QBs. Even Purdue, Cal and Stanford are Power 5 and when those QBs were there like Luck and Aikman and Elway, those schools were usually ranked and not bottom of the barrel.

Purdue was ranked 13th in Brees’ senior year and were top 13-25 every year he was there. Cal was ranked 9th in Rodgers last year. Stanford was ranked 4th and 7th in Luck’s last two years.

Acting like those guys were small time schools is ignoring the fact that they were power 5 and were ranked and sometimes competed and almost got to the big games. Those weren’t bad teams. Those QBs certainly made them better but Purdue was ranked 15th in Brees’ freshman year and he barely played. Cal was above .500 and had a 1st round QB (Boller) the year before Rodgers. Stanford was ranked 7th and 11th the two years after Luck and CMC was there 3 years after Luck.

Archived