• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jags have #1 currently

SmokinwithWilly

1 hour ago, Snake said:

I seriously doubt he does. Not a Clemson fan but the kid is really good. 

He may be great, but anytime I see a qb who is on a team that has significantly more talent than the teams they go up against, I wonder how much of it is that player and how much of it is his supporting cast.  If you look at the elite qb's in the NFL right now, most of them don't come from the the NCAA powerhouse teams.   Mahomes was at Texas tech, Brees was Purdue I think, Rogers was at Cal or Stanford (can't remember which).    And its not as if Clemson had a huge dropoff when Lawrence was out.  Their defense looked bad at Notre Dame, but the offense didn't really drop off. 

Like I said, he may be great, but its not a sure thing.   

A couple of IFs here.

IF they stay at the #2 position, and IF they decide to stick with Darnold another year, I could see them dealing the pick for a bounty.  The Jets need a ton of help, too, and grabbing a slightly lower first and a few other high picks this year and next would be useful to them.

Of course, two things are pretty certain: 1) Jets fans are going to scream about whatever they do in the draft, and 2) the Jets will louse it up.

The Bengals may already have a call into them asking them not to deal the pick without talking to them first. 

10 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I'd laugh if the Jags take Lawrence then the Jets took Sewell. Cinci would lose their lunch.

If that happened, what would Cincy do? I mean they have a lot of holes to fill. Take Parsons to captain the defense? Take Chase to pair back with Burrow? Trade back acquiring multiple picks, then draft LT Darrisaw from Virginia Tech? 

Honestly, the Jets should also look at trading back if possible, many holes to fill.

2 hours ago, exactlyzack said:

I just checked it out. They’re all in meltdown mode it’s pretty entertaining. To be fair I’d be pretty pissed too lol

Yeah, I know for a fact I would be in meltdown mode, because I was last year when we beat the Saints. That win and we lost out on Tua or Herbert

1 hour ago, Davidson Deac II said:

He may be great, but anytime I see a qb who is on a team that has significantly more talent than the teams they go up against, I wonder how much of it is that player and how much of it is his supporting cast.  If you look at the elite qb's in the NFL right now, most of them don't come from the the NCAA powerhouse teams.   Mahomes was at Texas tech, Brees was Purdue I think, Rogers was at Cal or Stanford (can't remember which).    And its not as if Clemson had a huge dropoff when Lawrence was out.  Their defense looked bad at Notre Dame, but the offense didn't really drop off. 

Like I said, he may be great, but its not a sure thing.   

Again, the assumption on talent is just that. Lawrence’s best WR is considered a late round draft pick (Rodgers). The rest of his WRs are young and inexperienced or not consistent. Rodgers has been his main weapon and he’s not close to Alabama’s stable this year or last year or LSU’s LSF year. I know I’m a big supporter but I also know that his best WR (Ross) was out all of this year and honestly took a step back last year from looking like a stud in the NC win over Alabama. Even Higgins was a shell of himself in last year’s playoffs when Okudah basically body slammed him early in the OSU game. I’ve watched him a lot and there’s a reason why Dabo said he was the best player in college football last night. He’s surrounded by talent but he’s also Clemson’s best player (their highest rated recruit) and it showed in the two ND games. I’m sure people will point to the D, but when Trevor builds a lead the D is a different animal and they didn’t build a lead the first game. You can say the offense did well but they had to come back and pass a ton. They turned the offense off this game. Last game they were down 23-13. This game they were ahead 24-3. The offense was much better in the first half even with the slow start/interception early. They went on cruise control a bit and the D again is way better with a lead.

Anyway, I talk way too much about a guy who won’t be on the Panthers, but I’ve watched most of his career so far so I’m not just going off box scores. I know I’m not an NFL scout but I did stay at a holiday inn and for what it’s worth as an example, I watched almost all of the 2019 combine and I came away with two things, one I loved Burns and hated Little. May not make me an expert in any fashion but I don’t watch Fields or Wilson (didn’t watch Lance’s game, but it didn’t sound good in here) this year and think Lawrence isn’t on a different level.

22 minutes ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

I know that won’t happen but dear lord if it did we should celebrate like there’s no tomorrow. I hate to see stuff like that even if it’s from July because it gives you that sliver of hope.

34 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Only way the Panthers end up with Lawrence is if he pulls an Eli Manning and refuses to play for the jags or jets. Considering how awful those two franchises are I’d say it’s not entirely out of the question 

Yep!  Lol, Fans better get on social media and contact Dabo, he could convince Trevor to force his way to Carolina like Eli did with the Giants. Convince Dabo he can make the 2 hour drive to watch Trevor on Sundays, and Trevor can be around Clemson on Saturdays. Trevor will listen to Dabo.  

Archived