• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jags have #1 currently

SmokinwithWilly

52 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If the Jets were #1 they would definitely take Lawrence but I do wonder if they're at #2 if they'd look elsewhere and give Darnold another shot. I'd say it's potentially on the table pending Gase's replacement's evaluation of Darnold.

Exactly and it was absolutely hilariously stupid to win now. Now Darnold could be just as good as the other options. Maybe they take LT or BPA. 

1 hour ago, Tbe said:

This is the most jets thing ever.

Man I would me pissed.

When you think to all the MSG live drafts where Jets fans would literally cry after every 1st round pick (they were almost always right to complain), you have to feel sorry for their fans. There is no guarantee but based on prospect ratings/analysts they just won a meaningless game that could cost them their chance at a Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers. Yes, I know we won’t know but purely based on what most of the scouts/analysts are saying, Lawrence is as good as any QB that’s come out in years, including as good or better as Luck was as a prospect. As a fan, I’d be really pissed. That’s a possible franchise altering meaningless win. I’d be stoked as a Jacksonville fan.

1 hour ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Jags are going to be pissed if Lawrence ends up a bust.  

Not really. There are no guarantees and injuries aren’t avoidable (see Cam and Luck), but even if he ends up a bust you’re ecstatic right now. It’s why I wanted a rookie QB over a clearly never going to be 2015 Cam and never be more than mediocre Teddy. I’d much rather have Fields/Lance/Wilson and have hope that they pull a Herbert. I want to win a SB not feel good about being better than the Jets.

Also, I think there’s a better chance that Lawrence has a Manning type career than is a bust.

The Jets were just going to waste Lawrence anyway.

This could be great for us. I can see the Jets doing something stupid with the #2 pick like drafting Lance or the Alabama kid.

I mean, are they going to draft a Mormon kid to be the face of NYC?

3 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Lawrence impressed me with his runs against ND in the championship game, kid ran away from ND's secondary on his TD run.  He's faster than I thought he was.

Anyone who doesn’t like him has likely never seen him play. He’s way more athletic and strong than people realize. They see big white QB and assume he’s slow and immobile. He beat OSU last year running the ball when Okudah took Higgins out of the game and Chase Young and the DL took out Etienne. Then you see him almost every week rip a 40-50 yard bomb hitting a WR in perfect stride or whip a pass to a WR at the sideline with ease.

I only wish we had a chance at him because Moore, Anderson and Samuel would have been ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Tbe said:

The Jets were just going to waste Lawrence anyway.

This could be great for us. I can see the Jets doing something stupid with the #2 pick like drafting Lance or the Alabama kid.

Even taking Sewell to bookend with Becton would be awesome because Cincy won’t go QB.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If the Jets were #1 they would definitely take Lawrence but I do wonder if they're at #2 if they'd look elsewhere and give Darnold another shot. I'd say it's potentially on the table pending Gase's replacement's evaluation of Darnold.

Could definitely see them sticking with Darnold and taking Sewell.

Archived