• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

oh dear god i just compared teddy bridgewater's stats with kyle allen's

PhillyB

10 hours ago, PhillyB said:

precious little baby kyle:

12 games, 3322 yards @ 62% completion, 17 TD, 16 INT, 1 game-winning drive 

teddy shitwater:

12 games, 3102 yards @ 72% completion,  14 TD, 8 INT, 0 game-winning drives

by god will you look at that. all the dipshits cheering for baby goat do do do do do do in the gameday threads last fall yanked the ripcord on the great white hope as soon as he sucked ass and got really excited when a black quarterback with no personality showed up so they could pretend their hatred of cam had nothing to do with prejudice and that it's just they preferred rooting for likable quarterbacks with low, safe ceilings who'll always just get 'em next year.

and now it turns out they got a quarterback worse than kyle buttfucking allen. in the same number of games, with years more experience, teddy bridgewater has fewer touchdowns and fewer game winning drives than kyle buttassfucking allen. bridgewater's improved efficiency only means he's been marginally more careful in how he loses games.

all you whiny tittiesuckers from last year didn't learn a single goddamn thing and this is the second year in a row you've been caping for a Very Bad Quarterback until the very end when it's obvious he's irredeemably awful. a lot of us were evenly pointing out warning signs for both guys, both years, only to get run over by hype trains that both eventually got derailed and ended up as two of the worst offensive seasons in franchise history.

and i'm not even mad at any of you. cam is done and we all recognize he probably wouldn't have been much better this year, it's just a bitter pill that his detractors got what they wanted AND get a pass for full-throatedly backing his jaw-droppingly awful replacements. in fact i mostly am just mad at teddy bridgewater and i want @ecu88 and @Snake and that ickmule guy to admit their opinions clinically qualify them as medical vegetables and quit this place forthwith.

free mandela zach wilson '21

Seriously, talk to someone.

What do you expect OP. North Carolina is a racist as hell state. Don't believe me,  then work up in the north west area. Same people that hold a grudge to Cam and rooting for Kyle are posting on social media pissed about wearing masks and Trump 2020poo. People gonna poo the hell out of this post, but it is what it is....

1 minute ago, jackson113 said:

What do you expect OP. North Carolina is a racist as hell state. Don't believe me,  then work up in the north west area. Same people that hold a grudge to Cam and rooting for Kyle are posting on social media pissed about wearing masks and Trump 2020poo. People gonna poo the hell out of this post, but it is what it is....

So if you if you didn't root against Allen you were a racist...got it.  PhillyB is one of the most progressive people on this board....are you guys actually suggesting racism because he is highlighting that KA was better then the Clutchless One?

kyle allen sucked ass from the very beginning. he was the exact same guy at the end of the year as he was at the beginning. same ability, same process. just like teddy. people latched on to what they believed were favorable stat lines like we don’t all have eyes. the really funny thing is both the legend of precious kyle and the legend of theodore were built on box scores against garbage performances by arizona.

37 minutes ago, jackson113 said:

don’t even have to do that. just come on over to the tinderbox sometime and check out what precious sweet little baby kyle’s biggest defenders have had to say about current events lol

Allen was a very cheap good backup. I would have preferred to have kept him over Grier for sure, but hindsight is 20/20.  He was practically a rookie last year in many ways, and he was doing decently well this year on a bad WAS team.  But he seems made of glass..

I still like Teddy as a guy but I'm just done with him in terms of hoping he improves.  It seems likely we have him starting for another year but I hope he's got a great young QB behind him during that stretch...

Jesus christ, how many Teddy Bridgewater threads do we need? Does no one on here have a f'ing original thought? 

Is Teddy worth $20 million more than Kyle Allen? Hell no. Is Kyle Allen better? Nah let's not get that confused either. They're both mediocre and although it's a fairly pointless exercise to spend much time exhausting who is less mediocre, seems kind of peculiar to ignore the fact that Allen has twice as many interceptions and 13 fumbles compared to Teddy's 2. Oh but Kyle had 1 game winning drive! GOAT baby!!!

5 minutes ago, Peon Awesome said:

Jesus christ, how many Teddy Bridgewater threads do we need? Does no one on here have a f'ing original thought? 

Is Teddy worth $20 million more than Kyle Allen? Hell no. Is Kyle Allen better? Nah let's not get that confused either. They're both mediocre and although it's a fairly pointless exercise to spend much time exhausting who is less mediocre, seems kind of peculiar to ignore the fact that Allen has twice as many interceptions and 13 fumbles compared to Teddy's 2. Oh but Kyle had 1 game winning drive! GOAT baby!!!

they both suck. i actually had higher expectations from teddy coming in. thought he would play decent enough to get us to 6-10. he’s useless as a starter. would be a fine backup but your franchise is going in the wrong direction if he’s your starter.

15 minutes ago, Peon Awesome said:

Is Teddy worth $20 million more than Kyle Allen? Hell no. Is Kyle Allen better? Nah let's not get that confused either. They're both mediocre and although it's a fairly pointless exercise to spend much time exhausting who is less mediocre, seems kind of peculiar to ignore the fact that Allen has twice as many interceptions and 13 fumbles compared to Teddy's 2. Oh but Kyle had 1 game winning drive! GOAT baby!!!

the stats reflect the eye test: teddy makes fewer mistakes but puts up fewer points, and they are both godawful.

the point of this thread is to highlight the disparity in their pay and the absurdity of defending teddy/bashing his detractors when from an output perspective he is basically kyle allen.

the two situations aren't really the same

Allen was only supposed to play 5 games before Cam came back, which meant that every time he matrixd jj watt or something people felt free to give him the ole Bronx cheer and enjoy the ride, and some overly sensitive oddballs lost it, probably like the guy who equated masks with racism or something a few posts up

Bridgewater posed the real threat that the team would see him as a potential answer to the QB position and we "should build around him" so people wanted to do damage control on the narrative

Im sure somebody here or there overvalued Kyle Allen but I remember the support being more along the lines "just enjoy the ride" with a pinch of irony sprinkled in

13 minutes ago, Growl said:

the two situations aren't really the same

Allen was only supposed to play 5 games before Cam came back, which meant that every time he matrixd jj watt or something people felt free to give him the ole Bronx cheer and enjoy the ride, and some overly sensitive oddballs lost it, probably like the guy who equated masks with racism or something a few posts up

Bridgewater posed the real threat that the team would see him as a potential answer to the QB position and we "should build around him" so people wanted to do damage control on the narrative

Im sure somebody here or there overvalued Kyle Allen but I remember the support being more along the lines "just enjoy the ride" with a pinch of irony sprinkled in

yeah i mean the circumstances are much different. it's like judging derek anderson coming in for relief vs your full time starter. you fuging love the guy for what he is but you'd never want him being THE guy.

that said there was an enormous host of people here who always hated cam and were waiting for him to fall who absolutely pounced on kyle allen and knighted him the second he completed a pass. it was unbelievably transparent and many of them have ventured now to teddy territory and insisted he's a great quarterback despite all evidence to the contrary. like ben carson being a republican, they're just giddy he's also black because they think it nullifies any criticisms that their preferences are framed by conscious or unconscious biases.

of course this isn't most of the board. most of the board fuging loved cam. it's some idiots like @ecu88, @Snake, and @ickmule who disappeared every time cam did well, disappeared when kyle allen did poorly, and have disappeared now that teddy is shitting the bed.

in my opinion several of these things are true: 

1. there are many people that didn't want to like TB from the start because they wanted to start fresh with a high draft pick under center and especially considering how many good rookie quarterbacks are starting this year. some of that was a race thing for some, but for many it represented a decisive end to the dream of Trevor Lawrence. 

2. what TB is doing this year by the numbers is not that statistically different from the results that drew him leaguewide praise stepping into the Saints offense, but he wasn't schemed as well here partially because of the level of coaching and partially from not having the personnel. we've tried to use Mike Davis in that hybrid role, but the loss of CMC playing the role of Kamara (better), not having a reliable TE pass catching option, and TB's ineffectiveness in the red zone have come together to create an inconsistent and frustrating offense. with no real offseason, we hinged a lot of our expectations on having a healthy CMC and without him, the offense is highly predictable in certain sets. 

3. matt rhule has done a poor job of backing TB in an attempt to justify the preseason rhetoric of this not being a tank season and the pressure of being a first year head coach. i think he will ultimately regret how he has handled himself. coaching TB through the press about mistakes that they BOTH should have taken responsibility for was amateur hour from both parties. if we do end up drafting a quarterback high, this sacrificial lamb act by rhule is going to have to go. this is the guy you hand picked for the role. i doubt he called his own number on that absurd QB dive with two bum knees. 

4. TB's risk aversion and not throwing to routes beyond the sticks on 3rd and long plays has been maddening to watch. a lot of what we heard about him being universally likeable has not manifested here in the press and I question his leadership credentials for this particular group. he's a soft spoken and even keeled person. his frustration comes across as passive aggression and it doesn't make him a sympathetic character. even in the worst times for Cam, he got behind the podium and talked about his personal failings openly. we haven't seen that transparency from TB and in a lot of ways he feels mentally distanced from both success and failure. he's playing like a lame duck and rhule is treating him as one.  

5. it's okay to think that we should move on from TB and also think that TB would be better here in year 2 if he got one. they aren't mutually exclusive concepts. 

2 minutes ago, Vagrant said:

5. it's okay to think that we should move on from TB and also think that TB would be better here in year 2 if he got one. they aren't mutually exclusive concepts. 

i agree with this but i'd say he could get only marginally better. i mean what else does he need? he has one of the league's best arsenal of targets. the offensive line wasn't great but it sure as hell wasn't the difference between playoff teddy and 4-12 teddy.

imo he's basically reached his ceiling. there aren't remaining raw, undeveloped areas in his game that still have potential with a protracted run. he's shown absolutely nothing that hints at being a long term guy, a short term guy, or even frankly deserving of finishing the season. 

Archived