• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

3 big 2021 offseason moves

ericr0319

1. Get Hurney out of here or pay him for a demotion 

2.  Draft a QB, or at the absolute minimum convince Darnold to come here for next to nothing and see if he can be fixed when he's away from Gase ala Tannehill.  Start him if so, cut him if not, could trade him or Teddy eventually based on contracts. 

3.  Re-sign Moton and rebuild the OL.  Need our OL in place so our next QB doesn't get murdered and to better protect CMC's potentially already injury shortened prime. 

1) Remove Hurney from anything to do with personnel at the very least. The organization at best.

2) Move Phil Snow from DC to Special Assistant to the Head Coach and hire an actual DC to scheme and call the plays.

3) Draft Parsons + OL and redo the defensive back end(with decent vets for now).

2 hours ago, joemac said:

If Sewell is available when we pick, that is the ONLY scenario I would be comfortable taking a non-QB in the first.  Assuming we could then re-sign Moton, we would have the cornerstones of a dominant offensive line.  Then perhaps we could trade back up into the bottom of the first round and still pick one of the QBs still on the board.

I dont want a QB just because we need one. If the available QBs dont make the grade, dont reach. A player like Sewell would solidify our line for years. 

35 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I dont want a QB just because we need one. If the available QBs dont make the grade, dont reach. A player like Sewell would solidify our line for years. 

This is where I'm at.  Just because you needed a QB in 2003 doesn't mean that you need to draft JP Losman.

If the grade isn't there, just take Sewell if we can snag him....doubt we can, but whatever...we already have a fairly highly paid QB on the roster for next season if that's the case.

Just now, thefuzz said:

This is where I'm at.  Just because you needed a QB in 2003 doesn't mean that you need to draft JP Losman.

If the grade isn't there, just take Sewell if we can snag him....doubt we can, but whatever...we already have a fairly highly paid QB on the roster for next season if that's the case.

Losman, my word... :Eyes_Emoji_42x42:

Haven't heard that name in a long time. Guessing nobody that isn't a personal friend of his has either.

52 minutes ago, ericr0319 said:

so everyone seems to want to draft a QB, but is anyone sold on Lance or Wilson?

Does not matter if the fans are sold on him, its up to the coaches and scapegoat GM to be sold on one of the available QB's. If not we definitely need OL help. I do not want to see a high draft pick spent on a MLB.

1 minute ago, thefuzz said:

I love watching the linemen doing footwork at the combine. That moreso than technique and strength stand out to me. Technique can be taught and strength improved, but quick feet is a skill. All the upper body strength in the world wont help you if you're feet are out of position.

Archived