• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

3 big 2021 offseason moves

ericr0319

Give me 3 big things you would like to see this offseason. Whether it be a GM change, coaching, re-signing someone, cutting someone, draft pick, free agency. 

What are 3 realistic things you want to happen? Feel free to provide any explanation. 

1. re-sign Taylor Moton.

2. Draft Parson.

3. Sign Justin Simmons. 

In arguable order of overall need/urgency:

• QB upgrade/some kind of upgrade path set in motion
  • OL upgrades
  • Defense upgrades, specifically DT and CB followed by FS and LB

All 3 items are of critical importance but I list QB as #1 largely because it may be something that takes a year or two to come to fruition; starting sooner may be of the essence. OL and defensive upgrades improve the team regardless of who is playing QB, but QB upgrade can also mask other deficiencies and more upside is urgently needed compared to today.

58 minutes ago, ericr0319 said:

Give me 3 big things you would like to see this offseason. Whether it be a GM change, coaching, re-signing someone, cutting someone, draft pick, free agency. 

What are 3 realistic things you want to happen? Feel free to provide any explanation. 

1. re-sign Taylor Moton.

2. Draft Parson.

3. Sign Justin Simmons. 

If we get a top 5 pick in this draft, and take a goddamn MLB I am going to lose my poo.  Parsons might be great and all, but we likely will not see ourselves in a position at the top of a draft like this, with this amount of QB talent available again.  We must strike while the iron is hot and get our QB for the next 10 years this draft.  Everything else is ancillary. 

We do not need a MLB in the first round of the draft, if they want to draft one in the later rounds fine. If its not a QB or LT, we may as well trade down.

I guess the guys wanting damn parsons in the 1st will just throw him out there at QB if we ever need to convert a game clinching 4th down

10 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

1. Send Hurney to Washington 

2. Re-sign Moton

3. If Sewell is somehow available or another tackle that is worthy of a high pick, take him. I'm not sold on Wilson yet. If none of the boxes are checked at QB or T, trade down and pick up a couple extra picks and get us a center and guard. 

If Sewell is available when we pick, that is the ONLY scenario I would be comfortable taking a non-QB in the first.  Assuming we could then re-sign Moton, we would have the cornerstones of a dominant offensive line.  Then perhaps we could trade back up into the bottom of the first round and still pick one of the QBs still on the board.

Archived