• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Projected cap space if cap stays at $195 mill for 2021.

I don't know how the Saints and Eagles are gonna pull it off. He Saints always find a way, but damn they're ridiculously into the red. The Eagles need to bench Wentz to get a look at Hurts but they're stuck with him and his massive cap hit next year either way so I understand why they're wrestling with that decision.

NO can save $20 million by cutting Brees.  So if he retires, they are halfway there.  They will still be $50 million over but that is better than $75 million over.

Atlanta is really more of a problem than you think.  They really don't have anyone they can cut and that $6 million over number is with like 35 players on the roster.

15 minutes ago, bababoey said:

NO can save $20 million by cutting Brees.  So if he retires, they are halfway there.  They will still be $50 million over but that is better than $75 million over.

Atlanta is really more of a problem than you think.  They really don't have anyone they can cut and that $6 million over number is with like 35 players on the roster.

Right. They can part ways with Brees and STILL be $50M over. They're in a real pickle.

19 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't know how the Saints and Eagles are gonna pull it off. He Saints always find a way, but damn they're ridiculously into the red. The Eagles need to bench Wentz to get a look at Hurts but they're stuck with him and his massive cap hit next year either way so I understand why they're wrestling with that decision.

June 1st Drew Brees and Cameron Jordan

Cut Janoris Jenkins, Kwon Alexander, and Nick Easton.

Extend Ramccyk and Lattimore so that their cap hit goes to $5m next year.

Done

And if need be I can restructure some other guys and find another $20m easily.

New Orleans Saints Salary Cap Calculator | Over The Cap

People act like Loomis is some genius but its really not that hard. 

So basically they let some of their older guys go, resign some of their young cornerstones, and then in 2022 the are back to decent cap space.  I'm sure they planned for the first year without Brees to be a reset year anyway.

12 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Done

So basically they let some of their older guys go, resign some of their young cornerstones, and then in 2022 the are back to decent cap space.  I'm sure they planned for the first year without Brees to be a reset year anyway.

So, you completely gut your roster. Yeah, they can get under the cap but what are they going to be left with as a roster?

34 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Done

Jordan and Brees are arguably their most important players so it's not that easy if they want to compete next year.

39 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Done

... says the guy that is not an NFL GM... 

Let's face it, the last 2 seasons have shown that New Orleans can win without Brees.  It is time to let him go.  Where to make the other cuts?  Not as easy.  Carolina is in much better shape.  I still think the Panthers are not letting Moton walk, unless the decision is emotional and not financial.  Who knows how Marty has screwed up the relationship.

Archived