• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Well, well, well. Zach Wilson is playing Coastal Carolina on Saturday 12/5 at 5:30 PM ESPNU.

21 minutes ago, CRA said:

ACC championship has requirements just like the big10.   Let’s say Miami wins the ACC because COVID makes Clemson ineligible.  

what is the purpose of the college football playoff?  To put in the 4 best teams in the nation.   A covid season is a covid season.  Everything is unique this year.  This year will be unique like everything else.  If logically the only thing preventing one of the clear best teams from making the playoffs is Covid....CFP isn’t kicking them out. 

is Cincinnati better than Ohio St? Is Indiana?  Miami better than Clemson? 

college football isn’t going to give a fug about fairness.  They never care.   They are going to put the best 4 teams they can rationalize.  You know how much money the NCAA has lost of late.    No March Madness.  Half ass football season. They want eyeballs at the end.  They want excitement.    They ain’t knocking Fields and Lawerence out because of COVID.   They are draws.  They are the two best players.   And they play on 2 of the best 4 teams.   They will get them in. (Pending they don’t take a L)

Again, if you’re going that route eye test matters. Eye test, Ohio State isn’t one of the best teams. Not even close, with their 100th ranked secondary. Shrugs. 

12 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

Again, if you’re going that route eye test matters. Eye test, Ohio State isn’t one of the best teams. Not even close, with their 100th ranked secondary. Shrugs. 

CFP has already declared the eye test says they are.... 

and there aren't 4 teams to put ahead of them today.   Unless your just a SEC guy who gives everyone there a bump.   SEC is actually down this year IMO. 

Ohio St is right there w/ Bama in offense per game. 

Ohio St defense? Well, Ohio St has essentially won every game by half time going into the second half up at a minimum double digits.  Sometimes big.   

this morning a guy on the radio (who happens to be the Coastal stadium announcer for games) said in order for BYU to get here for the game, their equipment truck had to leave Wed. night before the deal was agreed to.  They did.  If the game couldn't get worked out, they would turn around the next day, but the deal got worked out.  There are several drivers on the truck, and they can only drive 9 hours a day by law, so they switch places and get some rest in the cab.  The truck only stops for gas, which takes an hour to fill a 200 gallon tank.  They are rolling into Conway sometime this afternoon, and start setting up for the game.  The team of course will fly in.

bout the craziest thing I've ever heard of.

It will be a test for Zach who has to at this point have very little film study on CC and will have to fill that in with the travel it will take as well. I'm sure Zach will do fine, but it will be very telling what the gameplan is and how he reacts to things he has not seen yet. 

32 minutes ago, Verge said:

It will be a test for Zach who has to at this point have very little film study on CC and will have to fill that in with the travel it will take as well. I'm sure Zach will do fine, but it will be very telling what the gameplan is and how he reacts to things he has not seen yet. 

True, but to be honest CCU also has to quickly turn from preparing for Liberty all week to suddenly preparing for BYU. Wilson and the Cougars suffer a little more due to travel, but CCU has to wash everything they worked on this week in a sudden change. It is a test for both teams, and I commend both for taking the challenge.

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Gotcha.

The speculation this was tied to was whether the Lions might go after him. The downside there is that his name is mud in Michigan, but he is still a popular topic in the NFL so who knows?

I have seen speculation about the Lions and Jaguars for Harbaugh. Supposedly he likes the Lions as a Michigan guy, and supposedly he likes the weather and the area in Florida, and the only potential opening in that state is Jacksonville. Now, of course the Lions job is open where the Jaguars currently have a coach.

1 hour ago, CRA said:

CFP has already declared the eye test says they are.... 

and there aren't 4 teams to put ahead of them today.   Unless your just a SEC guy who gives everyone there a bump.   SEC is actually down this year IMO. 

Ohio St is right there w/ Bama in offense per game. 

Ohio St defense? Well, Ohio St has essentially won every game by half time going into the second half up at a minimum double digits.  Sometimes big.   

They can change that any time. It's happened often in the CFP. They struggled with a guy that my phone autocorrects to penis. Come on dude. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Lots of people believe that's gonna change.

Yes, it is widely speculated which is why I put "potential opening" in my post. It's just that until it happens we never know. I mean Patricia should have been fired last year by Detroit, and Gase should have been fired a long time ago by the Jets. 

Archived