• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Well, well, well. Zach Wilson is playing Coastal Carolina on Saturday 12/5 at 5:30 PM ESPNU.

37 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Agreed. If they don't get it turned around this season offensively, Harbough and the Ravens need to take a long look at Roman. Don't hang onto a guy stuck in the past by being stuck in the past yourself. I think that's what we did with Shula and we all know how that turned out.

Harbaugh made that in season offensive coordinator firing of cam Cameron and they won the super bowl that year if I remember right. They won’t hesitate if it’s not working.

10 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Thoughts on Desmond Ridder out of Cincinnati? 

I'd be happy taking him at the top of the second round and have him develop behind Bridgewater for a year.

I think he's gonna get crushed in the NFL. He has intriguing talent but his pocket awareness seems like it's completely oblivious in the games I've watched. The Cincinnati prospect that most intrigues me for us is safety James Wiggins.

I watched the BYU-CC game start to finish and I like Wilson- he's a gamer with arm strength and talent. That being said, it was mentioned several times during the broadcast that BYU has yet to face a team who created any QB pressure at all, so the question mark on him is how he handles pressure.

Guess what? A physically much smaller Coastal team created pressure and Wilson had problems with it. His footwork is nice for a pocket passer, but questionable when he's got to step up or out of the pocket. His mechanics are nice in the pocket, and about average when under pressure.

Overall, I think the kid is okay, on par with any other Power 5 starting QB. A few pounds and see him like I see Baker Mayfield.

2 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Guess what? A physically much smaller Coastal team created pressure and Wilson had problems with it.

Did he though? He still completed over 63% of his passes against nearly constant pressure despite numerous drops. A physically smaller CC team creating pressure is no knock on Wilson, that's on his OL.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Did he though? He still completed over 63% of his passes against nearly constant pressure despite numerous drops. A physically smaller CC team creating pressure is no knock on Wilson, that's on his OL.

He's at 73% on the season and his offense has scored 52, 41, 51, and 66 points in their wins and 17 in their loss to CC. Averaging 3 TD passes per game, had 1 against CC. 

Just now, Anybodyhome said:

He's at 73% on the season and his offense has scored 52, 41, 51, and 66 points in their wins and 17 in their loss to CC. Averaging 3 TD passes per game, had 1 against CC. 

Him as an individual. Did HE struggle? Honestly, I didn't see that. I saw a QB under constant pressure delivering catchable balls to receivers who were dropping them.

31 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not that it makes a difference in the decision making process, but I feel like if the Panthers take a quarterback in a lower round instead of the first, fans are gonna riot.

The wine and cheese crowd?

I don't think the Panthers brass fears them rioting tbh.

24 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think he's gonna get crushed in the NFL. He has intriguing talent but his pocket awareness seems like it's completely oblivious in the games I've watched. The Cincinnati prospect that most intrigues me for us is safety James Wiggins.

Wiggins was one that got away - committed to the Canes under Al Golden, but Mark Richt didn't follow up on it. He's a pretty good player.

As for Ridder - he has all the physical tools you look for in a modern NFL QB. He has lots of starting experience, has won A LOT, elevates the play of the players around him and has improved every year.

I haven't gone in depth on any prospect so far this year, but he's definitely stood out to me as someone to go back and watch more tape of. 

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Him as an individual. Did HE struggle? Honestly, I didn't see that. I saw a QB under constant pressure delivering catchable balls to receivers who were dropping them.

In my opinion he struggled with the pressure and his offense struggled along with him. I'm not knocking the kid as a bad QB and I'm not praising him as though he's a first rounder, either, because I've seen but the one game. And from what I saw, he's not Justin Fields or Mac Jones or Kyle Trask. He might be right below those guys with Sam Ehlinger, Kellen Mond or Sam Howell; but I don't see him as a 1st rounder.   

I saw a BYU football team who, maybe, thought all they had to do was show up to win. Physically much bigger on both sides of the ball and demanding "respect" from the selection committee after having won all their previous games by an average of 35 points or something ridiculous. BYU had just as much prep time for the game as CC.

40 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

In my opinion he struggled with the pressure and his offense struggled along with him. I'm not knocking the kid as a bad QB and I'm not praising him as though he's a first rounder, either, because I've seen but the one game. And from what I saw, he's not Justin Fields or Mac Jones or Kyle Trask. He might be right below those guys with Sam Ehlinger, Kellen Mond or Sam Howell; but I don't see him as a 1st rounder.   

I saw a BYU football team who, maybe, thought all they had to do was show up to win. Physically much bigger on both sides of the ball and demanding "respect" from the selection committee after having won all their previous games by an average of 35 points or something ridiculous. BYU had just as much prep time for the game as CC.

Sam Howell lumped in with Sam Ehlinger and Kellen Mond? LOLOLOLOL!!! Thats the likely #1 overall pick next year lumped in with mid-late round fliers.

Archived