• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Well, well, well. Zach Wilson is playing Coastal Carolina on Saturday 12/5 at 5:30 PM ESPNU.

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

BYU had fumbles, RBs running backwards, WRs dropping passes, OL not blocking 4-man rushes---I am OK with Wilson--CCU was getting in faces all night--refs should have thrown flags--but when they did that to Wilson, he smacked the guy---good.  like to see fire in the QB

Exactly. I’ve seen Brady and Rodgers push defenders back and start jawing at them. When they do it, it’s called their competitive nature/drive. These message board scouts are really splitting hairs. Wait? A college QB got hit and pressured repeatedly and got upset about it? Sound the alarms!

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Ok these same people who are saying Wilson (or Lance) sucks will be upset if the Pats or Saints draft him. Just wait...

Well...they would look good, because its thr SAINTS and the PATRIOTS. Lol, they always have a defense and great coaches. They would be CARRIED by the team, not the other way around.

Also, #pjwalker2021and2

It was the first game I really sat down and watched him play.  I don't see a franchise changer.  I see a solid guy.  Kind of like a Kirk Cousins, but prolly slightly more athletic.  Great arm, great escapability, does a great job resetting his feet to throw after moving, but some of the decision making is squirrely.  I see at best a Cousins, at worst a Trubisky - depending how that decision-making goes.

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

It was the first game I really sat down and watched him play.  I don't see a franchise changer.  I see a solid guy.  Kind of like a Kirk Cousins, but prolly slightly more athletic.  Great arm, great escapability, does a great job resetting his feet to throw after moving, but some of the decision making is squirrely.  I see at best a Cousins, at worst a Trubisky - depending how that decision-making goes.

I think Wilson has a higher ceiling, especially since I think they will sit him for a year. 

18 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

I think Wilson has a higher ceiling, especially since I think they will sit him for a year. 

I could see it, and imo, Cousins is a compliment, as I think he's a good QB.  But, I could see the tools with him, it just seemed he tended to spaz out a bit at times last night.

Finished watching the highlights and I still would like him. But I have said day 1 I’ll take Lance or Wilson. Both have a lot of potential and while each had a bad game that they didn’t look that great, one game for Lance, I would still be happy with either of them. 
I know a lot of people like PJ Walker but I remember another QB a lot of people liked, Matt Moore, who looked great after a few starts in 2009 and then when he got the full time gig he crumbled. 
Now I am not saying Walker will be the next Moore but this love definitely reminds me of the love Moore got before it all went wrong. 
Everyone just remember. Walker couldn’t get a starting gig in the NFL and was pretty much out of the league before the XFL was formed. There is a reason for that. 
Walker could be the next Delhomme or the next Matt Moore. But personally I still want to avoid that scenario all together and draft a player with a lot more potential. 

36 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

This is an excuse, but they only had 2 days to prepare. Plus a long ass trip across the country. 

Washington offered to play them at one point and they ducked that. They took this game because they thought they would kill those boys. A lot of us did. 

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

I could see it, and imo, Cousins is a compliment, as I think he's a good QB.  But, I could see the tools with him, it just seemed he tended to spaz out a bit at times last night.

Right, but would you draft Cousins with a Top 10 pick?

19 minutes ago, Varking said:

Washington offered to play them at one point and they ducked that. They took this game because they thought they would kill those boys. A lot of us did. 

Why would anyone think that? Though BYU is basically playing a Sunbelt schedule  this year the Sunbelt is a much stronger conference than the WCC.

Archived