• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Well, well, well. Zach Wilson is playing Coastal Carolina on Saturday 12/5 at 5:30 PM ESPNU.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Why? We need a QB and Wilson has some intriguing traits. Joe Burrow wasn't on anyone's radar until Joe Brady showed up in the bayou.

I like Zach Wilson...guy made some killer throws tonight.  Lots of upside there.  Damn good athlete too.

BYU had fumbles, RBs running backwards, WRs dropping passes, OL not blocking 4-man rushes---I am OK with Wilson--CCU was getting in faces all night--refs should have thrown flags--but when they did that to Wilson, he smacked the guy---good.  like to see fire in the QB

39 minutes ago, Varking said:

Making it sound like a race issue with a poster who hasn’t even hinted at anything of the sort seems dirty. 

Oh, it was a fun rib for sure. I don't like being lumped into the Teddy Is Our Savior clan, but I also am a fan of our starting QB and support him.

2 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Oh, it was a fun rib for sure. I don't like being lumped into the Teddy Is Our Savior clan, but I also am a fan of our starting QB and support him.

The only issue I have with Teddy is the contract and that's not his fault. He is who I thought he was as a QB. He's a good backup/marginal starter.

5 hours ago, jb2288 said:

Yeah exactly. BYU backing out of play Washington was the biggest bitch move. Seeing him go up against a defense with 3-4 2021 draft picks on it would have been nice. That's what im so worried about, he can throw for 400 the rest of the games and win the Hiesman but it'll be so tough to really know what you're getting if we draft him

Washington?  Lol...Coastal would beat them too, just like a terrible Stanford team did today. The Pac 12 is terrible!

Heck a winless Cal team beat Oregon too, embarrassing conference this year.

BYU should have played Washington, they would still be undefeated.

4 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Washington?  Lol...Coastal would beat them too, just like a terrible Stanford team did today. The Pac 12 is terrible!

Heck a winless Cal team beat Oregon too, embarrassing conference this year.

BYU should have played Washington, they would still be undefeated.

im glad your favorite peewee school is ranked for the first time but don't get emotional and say silly stuff

58 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

It's not just the stat line bud.  I didn't see any great throws on the run.  I didn't see any fantastic escapability.  I did not see a transcendent athlete out there.  I saw a guy who looked just okay relative to the hype he's gotten.  I didn't see anything that made him look better then let's say PJ Walker.  I didn't see amazing leadership.  I saw a good quarterback for the the college ranks, but probably a bust in the pros.  I saw a weaker Ryan Tannehill.

Also don't use Luck.  Luck had transcendent physical talent and running ability...it jumped off the screen.  Murray had amazing mobility.  Why don't you throw in their rushing stats, because their draft status was based largely on their ability to get tough throws off on the run, escapability, and their ability to take a busted play and make it work.  Wilson cannot do that.

I'm not sure you watched the game tonight. There was a throw where he ran to the right and then threw a frozen rope across his body for a completion. I was hesitant on Wilson before tonight, but after getting to finally watch him it seems he has all the tools. The 60 yard throw that hit his receiver in the pads was super impressive. 

34 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

BYU had fumbles, RBs running backwards, WRs dropping passes, OL not blocking 4-man rushes---I am OK with Wilson--CCU was getting in faces all night--refs should have thrown flags--but when they did that to Wilson, he smacked the guy---good.  like to see fire in the QB

I am on board with all of this. BYUs defense and offensive surrounding cast isn’t great especially the turnovers. Except the olineman. Wilson has arguably the best oline in the FBS.

Granted their schedule is pretty easy but it’s these two reasons Wilson has been so successful.

12 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

im glad your favorite peewee school is ranked for the first time but don't get emotional and say silly stuff

Hardly my favorite team, and to call them a peewee team at this point is just stupid. I said nothing silly, its just true that the Pac 12 sucks. Coastal would beat Washington, and BYU would too. The Pac 12 should not have a team ranked, just don't have any good teams this year.

Let's see, Coastal is undefeated, and just beat a team nobody gave them a chance to beat. Iowa State is ranked 9th, they got beat by Sun Belt team Louisiana. Coastal beat Louisiana. And we know the success that App State has recently had. The Sun Belt is very much improved, and I will give them credit.

2 hours ago, TheMaulClaw said:

It's not just the stat line bud.  I didn't see any great throws on the run.  I didn't see any fantastic escapability.  I did not see a transcendent athlete out there.  I saw a guy who looked just okay relative to the hype he's gotten.  I didn't see anything that made him look better then let's say PJ Walker.  I didn't see amazing leadership.  I saw a good quarterback for the the college ranks, but probably a bust in the pros.  I saw a weaker Ryan Tannehill.

Also don't use Luck.  Luck had transcendent physical talent and running ability...it jumped off the screen.  Murray had amazing mobility.  Why don't you throw in their rushing stats, because their draft status was based largely on their ability to get tough throws off on the run, escapability, and their ability to take a busted play and make it work.  Wilson cannot do that.

Pj Walker definitely has leadership capabilities. We saw how the team responded to him vs Teddy. I agree with you though, this guy right along with the rest of them aren't doing anything different than Pj Walker, except now Pj Walker knows the playbook and has experience. 

"Are you bringing up Pj Walker again?" Yes, yes I am.

Archived