• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Well, well, well. Zach Wilson is playing Coastal Carolina on Saturday 12/5 at 5:30 PM ESPNU.

2 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

It's not just the stat line bud.  I didn't see any great throws on the run.  I didn't see any fantastic escapability.  I did not see a transcendent athlete out there.  I saw a guy who looked just okay relative to the hype he's gotten.  I didn't see anything that made him look better then let's say PJ Walker.  I didn't see amazing leadership.  I saw a good quarterback for the the college ranks, but probably a bust in the pros.  I saw a weaker Ryan Tannehill.

Fair enough. I think you missed quite a bit  but that's your opinion. I don't think anyone will be drafting Wilson expecting a transcendent athlete at the QB position. If they are, then thy played themselves.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Allen has blown me away. He has developed way more as a passer than I ever thought he would. I watched several of his Wyoming games. Dude was RAW as a passer. I never thought he'd be much more than a (really) poor man's version of Cam.

Same, i knew he had arm talent but didnt see him developing to what it was.

But some of these people clearly dont know how football scouting drafting etc work.

These same people wouldn't have touched Patrick Mahomes saying he's a 3rd rd pick.  I mean why would you draft a guy who's team is 5-7 including losses to unranked Iowa State 10-66 where Mahomes went a whopping 18-36 215 yards and 2 ints in the blowout loss

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Lawrence or Fields aren't showing up to CCU with BYU's roster either. 

Or on 3-4 days notice either.  Almost zero time to prepare and a long trip away to a good team.

*IF* for some stupid reason this pushes his draft stock down, so what?  It means he is more likely to be available a little further down?  Ok.  That game won't define his NFL career.  Either he has it or he doesn't.  Can he make the throws?  Does he read well and quickly?  Does he make the right decisions?  That game won't affect any of those things, and those are the things that will define his NFL career or lack thereof.

I don't love him, but it's just one fans opinion.  I'd take him mid first or high second round.  Not sure he's a top 10 pick.  But that's just me.  If we draft him, I'll root for him to succeed.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Fair enough. I think you missed quite a bit  but that's your opinion. I don't think anyone will be drafting Wilson expecting a transcendent athlete at the QB position. If they are, then thy played themselves.

Which is why you don't take him in the top 10.  You only draft a guy who show's that sort of ability....otherwise it's just a system QB. 

I was looking forward to seeing this game as well and didn't see what I thought that I was going to see. The receivers and the OL didn't do Wilson any favors and that hurt his performance. I am concerned about his shoulder, and his overall stature. He appears to be small framed. He has a quick release and decisions appeared to be good. We would need for him to sit a while to get NFL ready. I  wish we could have seen Trey Lance in some more games to get a better look at his game. We better have some major individual workouts with both to determine which one would be better in the long term  answer 

9 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Or on 3-4 days notice either.  Almost zero time to prepare and a long trip away to a good team.

*IF* for some stupid reason this pushes his draft stock down, so what?  It means he is more likely to be available a little further down?  Ok.  That game won't define his NFL career.  Either he has it or he doesn't.  Can he make the throws?  Does he read well and quickly?  Does he make the right decisions?  That game won't affect any of those things, and those are the things that will define his NFL career or lack thereof.

I don't love him, but it's just one fans opinion.  I'd take him mid first or high second round.  Not sure he's a top 10 pick.  But that's just me.  If we draft him, I'll root for him to succeed.

It would be a WIll Grier repeat.

17 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

Which is why you don't take him in the top 10.  You only draft a guy who show's that sort of ability....otherwise it's just a system QB. 

There are a TON of great and all-time great QBs who aren't transcendent athletes. Wilson has a very good arm and good mobility. He's going to check the athleticism boxes.

Archived