• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Well, well, well. Zach Wilson is playing Coastal Carolina on Saturday 12/5 at 5:30 PM ESPNU.

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Huge difference in arm strength and aggressive mentality.

Teddy is very physically limited in terms of arm strength in the NFL and I honestly think that's why he's so super conservative. Usually when he gambles it ends poorly. See that happen time and time again and sooner or later you either get conservative or get bounced from the league. 

So you’re saying we draft him if available?

4 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

I don't see much chance we or anyone drafts him that high. Its probably not worth the debate.

NFL teams draft traits. Wilson has NFL traits. There have been worse QBs than him drafted higher than he'll go due to Lawrence certainly and Fields likely going earlier.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think you only saw the outcome of a game and didn't pay attention to a specific player.

I watched the game. The only game I was looking forward to all weekend to be honest.  I do live on the coast of SC.  I  saw an okay division 1 QB, but really nothing that separated him from any okay power 5 qb.  He's definitely overrated.  Heisman conversation?  Hardee har har.   He's not worthy of any top 10 pick.  I guarantee you that Lawrence or Fields doesn't leave CCU with only 17 points.  There are at least 5 qbs in the SEC that are better.  At least 4 better in the ACC.  At least 3 better in the big 10.  

I wonder what you're smoking if you think he leaves this game deserving of being in the Heisman running and in discussion for a top 10 pick. 

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

NFL teams draft traits. Wilson has NFL traits. There have been worse QBs than him drafted higher than he'll go due to Lawrence certainly and Fields likely going earlier.

This

Remember some of the same type of people saying the same thing about Josh Allen in 2017 after he goes 17-37 170 yards 2 ints in a loss to San Jose State.

The guy still got drafted high, and is a pretty dam good QB who was getting some MVP hype early this season

Just now, TheMaulClaw said:

The NFL scouts all had their boners killed after tonight.

I doubt that. Luck went 2-2 while throwing 5 INTs over his last 4 college games. Lamar Jackson's stat line for his final college game was 13-31 for 171 yards, 2 TDs, and 4 INTs. Kyler Murray barely completed 50% of his passes in his final college game. Herbert threw for under 200 yards in each of his last 3 college games for a combined 2 TDs.

The scouts aren't nearly as concerned with the stat line as they are the traits and how they think they'll translate.

12 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

I watched the game. The only game I was looking forward to all weekend to be honest.  I do live on the coast of SC.  I  saw an okay division 1 QB, but really nothing that separated him from any okay power 5 qb.  He's definitely overrated.  Heisman conversation?  Hardee har har.   He's not worthy of any top 10 pick.  I guarantee you that Lawrence or Fields doesn't leave CCU with only 17 points.  There are at least 5 qbs in the SEC that are better.  At least 4 better in the ACC.  At least 3 better in the big 10.  

I wonder what you're smoking if you think he leaves this game deserving of being in the Heisman running and in discussion for a top 10 pick. 

Lawrence or Fields aren't showing up to CCU with BYU's roster either. I'm not concerned with the Heisman. Let the media focus on Heisman hype. He would've had to put up INSANE numbers this year to even be in the conversation. Don't get played by ESPN trying to hype a game that casual fans didn't care about.

8 minutes ago, ncfan said:

This

Remember some of the same type of people saying the same thing about Josh Allen in 2017 after he goes 17-37 170 yards 2 ints in a loss to San Jose State.

The guy still got drafted high, and is a pretty dam good QB who was getting some MVP hype early this season

Allen has blown me away. He has developed way more as a passer than I ever thought he would. I watched several of his Wyoming games. Dude was RAW as a passer. I never thought he'd be much more than a (really) poor man's version of Cam.

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I doubt that. Luck went 2-2 while throwing 5 INTs over his last 4 college games. Lamar Jackson's stat line for his final college game was 13-31 for 171 yards, 2 TDs, and 4 INTs. Kyler Murray barely completed 50% of his passes in his final college game. Herbert threw for under 200 yards in each of his last 3 college games for a combined 2 TDs.

The scouts aren't nearly as concerned with the stat line as they are the traits and how they think they'll translate.

It's not just the stat line bud.  I didn't see any great throws on the run.  I didn't see any fantastic escapability.  I did not see a transcendent athlete out there.  I saw a guy who looked just okay relative to the hype he's gotten.  I didn't see anything that made him look better then let's say PJ Walker.  I didn't see amazing leadership.  I saw a good quarterback for the the college ranks, but probably a bust in the pros.  I saw a weaker Ryan Tannehill.

Also don't use Luck.  Luck had transcendent physical talent and running ability...it jumped off the screen.  Murray had amazing mobility.  Why don't you throw in their rushing stats, because their draft status was based largely on their ability to get tough throws off on the run, escapability, and their ability to take a busted play and make it work.  Wilson cannot do that.

Archived