• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Well, well, well. Zach Wilson is playing Coastal Carolina on Saturday 12/5 at 5:30 PM ESPNU.

1 minute ago, OldhamA said:

I'm worried about it with a Top 10 pick.

If he's there in the 2nd round with that arm, sure, roll the dice. With a premium pick, I don't want to see the ball float that much. Especially with his backyard play style.

This^^^^
He looks rattled out there...just not seeing a Top 10 pick and franchise QB.  But, it is only one game.

1 minute ago, bigdog10 said:

Yikes. Hurdling on 3rd and 30, then getting in a shoving match after it. 

color me completely underwhelmed. 

I don’t mind seeing it from him. Twice today Coastal has been hitting him very late and should have been flagged and it wasn’t. 

1 minute ago, bigdog10 said:

Yikes. Hurdling on 3rd and 30, then getting in a shoving match after it. 

color me completely underwhelmed. 

To be fair, Coastal defenders have been giving Wilson extra shoves all night, and at the end of the first half, a couple of them tried to bury him after he threw an interception on a hail mary. While I'm unimpressed with Wilson, I've been disgusted by CC's constant extra BS. They clearly feel disrespected. Fine. Best way to answer that is to win.

1 minute ago, Pup McBarky said:

I'm not impressed with Wilson. Coastal has shut him down, for the most part. App. St. did better against Coastal. He looks shell-shocked. Likely because he hasn't faced even a mediocre defense this year. He's overrated.

He is also surrounded with BYU talent. Very similar to Lance in that the competition wasn’t great, but neither was the talent around him. Fields, Trask, and Lawrence all have way more talent around them than their competition (for most games). This is why the draft is always a gamble. Then you have to question how well the BYU and NDSU staff has prepared and developed them. Oregon apparently was holding Herbert back. Fields, Lawrence, Lance, and Wilson all seem to have NFL arms with good leadership skills. If one is available when our number is called, they are worth the risk in my book. I might need to see more of Trask before I’m sold on him...

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Fields, Lawrence, Lance, and Wilson all seem to have NFL arms with good leadership skills. If one is available when our number is called, they are worth the risk in my book.

Wilson has made a couple of very impressive throws, but he looks rattled...by Coastal Carolina. What would Alabama's defense do to him? Sure, he's got a nice arm, but if he doesn't have mental toughness, I want no part of him. Certainly not in the first round.

BTW, Tennessee came hard after Trask, but he never looked remotely bothered. I'm not sold on him necessarily, but in terms of an eye test, he's far more NFL ready than Wilson, imo.

Archived