• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Well, well, well. Zach Wilson is playing Coastal Carolina on Saturday 12/5 at 5:30 PM ESPNU.

Has nothing to do with TB, I think people are just skeptical giving the 7ish overall pick in the draft for a QB that hasn’t really played solid competition in college...not to mention his athletic oline that allows him to do a lot.

Also keep in mind spending that kind of investment on Wilson, if it doesn’t work out, sets progress back 2-3 years easily.

If we had a decent team that needed and upgrade at QB would I take the chance? Much much more likely. A team that needs an entire oline, secondary and LBs? Not so sure.

1 minute ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

this byu would be ass ass without him. he's playing with future mormon grifters against a top 25 team across the country with 2 days notice.

Yeah I’m all on board now. You’d HAVE to let him sit behind Teddy a year though while we get OL addressed. But if 2022 serviceable OL, DJ, Robby, CMC, and whoever we replace Curtis with and I think he can do damage. We could stretch the field like never before while having DJ. Bum shoulder Cam and Teddy... DJ would pop off with this kid 

His deep ball has had great velocity. It’s the shorter throws where I think he gets caught up trying to be perfect with “touch” when he’d be on just ripping it. His arm has been better than advertised. If we picked him there is definitely good things to work with. He’s still behind Lawrence and Fields for me but I think getting to watch him live more than once now has kind of entrenched him as my number 3 in front of Lance and then Trask. 

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Depends on what you're looking for.

If you're looking for a Superman, no he's not it.

If you're looking for a guy that can run an efficient offense, he's pretty good.

His frame concerns me, but his skills are there.

11 for 20 and under 200 yards is not impressive to me.  I know it is only one game, but I am just not that impressed.

1 minute ago, MadHatter said:

11 for 20 and under 200 yards is not impressive to me.  I know it is only one game, but I am just not that impressed.

His receiver did drop a 60 yarder. On the other hand his TD was a defensive botch as well. It all evens out. He has time for another drive or two to take over this game. 

4 minutes ago, HPPantherzfan said:

Didn’t watch the game but didn’t Trask just have a great game against Tennessee?

I watched it. He looked solid, but his weapons are very good. Toney and of course Pitts are going to be good NFL players. Trask seems like a smart player, he didn’t make many mistakes when his line didn’t hold up. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Looked pretty good on that final throw.

Regardless, a lot of the best quarterbacks in the NFL only have average arm strength, especially the ones who run West Coast systems.

That's not something I'm especially worried about.

I'm worried about it with a Top 10 pick.

If he's there in the 2nd round with that arm, sure, roll the dice. With a premium pick, I don't want to see the ball float that much. Especially with his backyard play style.

Archived