• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Well, well, well. Zach Wilson is playing Coastal Carolina on Saturday 12/5 at 5:30 PM ESPNU.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Damn near perfect downfield pass by Wilson but his receiver didn't haul it in.

Not that it necessarily reflects on Wilson, but BYU's playcalling so far doesn't look very good to me.

Wouldn’t say that was a perfect pass, was low with no velocity at all.  Still would have been a first down if the corner didn’t knock it out but I can’t agree it was a perfect pass

1 minute ago, HPPantherzfan said:

Wouldn’t say that was a perfect pass, was low with no velocity at all.  Still would have been a first down if the corner didn’t knock it out but I can’t agree it was a perfect pass

He has the zip. If he would have used it there that’s a first down. 

2 minutes ago, HPPantherzfan said:

Hit the receiver right in the numbers. The guy just didn't hang on to it.

Mentioned I'm not a fan of the playcalling. So far, I'm not seeing much that's useful for evaluation.

The one thing I do notice is that physically, Wilson looks like a high school kid. That concerns me.

51 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

Yeah exactly. BYU backing out of play Washington was the biggest bitch move. Seeing him go up against a defense with 3-4 2021 draft picks on it would have been nice. That's what im so worried about, he can throw for 400 the rest of the games and win the Hiesman but it'll be so tough to really know what you're getting if we draft him

I think from watching and hearing about him, it’s really important to get a QB like Wilson an oline. I can see his play style going downhill fast as hell without one. At lot of his play making abilities comes from his quick oline. A lot of the poo he pulls won’t work in the NFL...but there’s a lot that might as well. Hard to tell as you said, especially against sub par competition.

I’d also recommend sitting him for a year or at least a half season, preferably a full season....I think he’d really benefit from that.

Just now, onmyown said:

I think from watching and hearing about him, it’s really important to get a QB like Wilson an oline. I can see his play style going downhill fast as hell without one. At lot of his play making abilities comes from his quick oline. A lot of the poo he pulls won’t work in the NFL...but there’s a lot that might as well. Hard to tell as you said, especially against sub par competition.

I’d also recommend sitting him for a year or at least a half season, preferably a full season....I think he’d really benefit from that.

Ive been told that if one needs an oline to be successful then he isn't a franchise QB

55 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

Yeah exactly. BYU backing out of play Washington was the biggest bitch move. Seeing him go up against a defense with 3-4 2021 draft picks on it would have been nice. That's what im so worried about, he can throw for 400 the rest of the games and win the Hiesman but it'll be so tough to really know what you're getting if we draft him

image.thumb.png.31b52f674f16b7df9be93a64113a8bed.png

Just now, jfra78 said:

Ive been told that if one needs an oline to be successful then he isn't a franchise QB

You've been told wrong. Every quarterback benefits from a good offensive line.

And a quarterback doesn't need to be mobile to be a franchise quarterback.

Just now, jfra78 said:

I’ve been told Cam is a world beater QB so long as he has HOF coaching and superior scheming, a top defense, top talent offensive weapons to throw to, a mauling oline and refs that aren’t secretly planning his demise every game.

I wouldn’t take those poo posters seriously. An oline is literally the only thing a franchise qb needs to progress on track and win - see last two decades of super bowl contenders.

Very efficient, easy drive capped off by a nice pass.

One thing: Anyone else find Wilson's throwing motion a little weird looking when he throws to the right? 

Throwing to the left or the middle, he looks textbook. To the right, I could be wrong but it looks a little off to me.

5 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

and there we go. lmao at shitters IN THIS VERY THREAD. BYU was told to play a top 25 team like 2 days ago, when they were practicing for liberty. kinda unprecidented. i can see with my two very eyes this guy is already better than teddy

For what level they’re playing in, BYU offensive line is dominant. It’s a HUGE part /emphasis of their program. I could see Wilson look very pedestrian if he isn’t given a decent line, especially in the NFL.

Archived