• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New study shows vegans 43% more likely to suffer broken bones than meat eaters

Ricky Spanish

https://bmcmedicine.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12916-020-01815-3

This only confirms my original stance on the matter: Veganism is perfectly fine for your average Joe blow trying to improve overall health and nutrition but detrimental to athletes in a physical sport like football.

Anyone on the team a vegan that we know of? 

meh, i doubt they controlled for preexisting conditions. a lot of people go vegan because they're already sick/frail and have dietary limitations that demand it.

show me a study of professional athletes who are carefully taking supplements with an engineered diet where they're all breaking bones compared to their indestructible carnivorous peers and i'll pay attention, otherwise this is just fluff for troglodytes who use vegan as a punchline to a misspelled joke on the internets

I don't doubt this survey is valid for 95% of the population.

But pro athletes have other professionals working for them to make sure that every potential problem with their diet is addressed.  I can't see a very generalized study like that yielding any valuable information regarding pro athletes.

1 minute ago, WarHeel said:

One of us has actually studied this stuff and is licensed to provide an opinion the matter.

lmao ok show us your degree from the university of hard knocks or whatever you put on your redneck facebook between racist minion memes

2 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

carnivorous steve smith broke his leg

pescatarian cam newton only fractured his ribs

vegan gerald mccoy broke nothing

really makes u think

Anecdotal evidence is superior (sarcasm). This is why I can’t have a real discussion with half of you on here. 

Just now, WarHeel said:

Anecdotal evidence is superior (sarcasm). This is why I can’t have a real discussion with half of you on here. 

clear satire to anyone with firing synapses

just delete your account at this point, no one here values your opinion or wants you around 

Just now, PhillyB said:

lmao ok show us your degree from the university of hard knocks or whatever you put on your redneck facebook between racist minion memes

Have you tried eating meat? Maybe you wouldn’t be so angry and argumentative all the time. 

Just now, PhillyB said:

clear satire to anyone with firing synapses

just delete your account at this point, no one here values your opinion or wants you around 

If by “no one” you mean the tinderbox clan you roll with then I take that as a compliment. 

Archived