• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Ruhle.

Rhule

12 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

Well he definitely didn't address it in his first draft . 

The organization has been swinging and missing badly particularly in the OL free agent department.

What I would do if I were Rule I'd 

1) sign Moton 

2) get the best tackle or best C/G prospect in the draft  in R1 (if not drafting QB in R1)

3) use a 2nd or 3rd on whatever section of the oline you didn't get with the first pick (ex R1 OT, R3 C/G)

4) sign a couple of good free agent peices. Don't have to be world beaters but you have to make SURE they aren't bums , castaways, or injury prone. Otherwise your just repeating the cycle.

He spent his first season grying to rebuild the Dline. Now how about giving the same attention to the oline . 

Stop making excuses and build a consistent good young offensive line.  If they truly believe in Teddy Bridgewater then don't let him become a rag doll like Cam and actually protect him . 

Agreed but our defense was nearly depleted especially with the retirement of Luke.  As they say defense win championships. 

If we chose a QB in round 1.  He has to have all the tools to be a starter.  Not necessarily day one but has to be our future.

Otherwise I agree 100% focusing on the O-line especially center and LT and keeping Moton and possibly Daley. 

What I do believe he'll do as he did in his first draft was finding fast athletic players.  I can envision him drafting players that can play multiple positions especially guards that can play center and visa versa. 

13 hours ago, Rhule said:

Here is my very first post!

New Ruhle #1: win the trenches.

Teams that are consistently relevant have their foundation built on great lines - offense and defense. All our future high draft picks and free agency moves should focus on the trenches.

I love Christian mccaffrey, Cam Newton, Steve Smith, Greg Olsen and DJ Moore. However, we didn't win consistently because we didn't win the trenches consistently. 

Houston has a young good franchise QB and yet the team is struggling. We had Cam Newton for 9 years with mix results. We couldn't protect him and he was released as damaged goods. Now many posts are wishing for high draft pick for a franchise QB.

We went 15-1 with great D-line and good O-line. We can win with Bridgewater if we protect him. We also saw what New Orleans did to Tom Brady with their QB pressure. Our Defense doesn't collapse the pocket and pressure the QBs. This MUST change. Investment on QB, RB, TE, and WR should come after building the lines.

New Ruhle #2:  Follow Rhule #1

Ruhle you can forget that...they love weak Olines cause they are cheap.  Had the chance to start the foundation last year and went all defense.  So having a good Oline will be rare.  Expect mediocre as the norm. 

Where are you going to get a good QB for the future?  Free agency?  Waiver wire?  Trade?----Draft.  When you are in a position to pick a QB, even if it is not a #1 need, you draft that player in the first round so that it never becomes your #1 need. 

This year is a good QB draft---I see 5 going in round 1, and I see 4 that I am confident can become solid.  So if Lance or Zack is there when we pick,  I do not see how you ignore it.   Here is why:  It sure seems that we have no depth at QB.  Even if you pay Bridgewater $20m per and he becomes the clipboard holder, you still do not have much $$ invested in the QB position--and you have depth.

Bbbbutt what about the OL?  MLB?  CB? S?  TE? 

We are currently functioning on 75% of the cap--the rest is dead money that comes off the books.  We need to re-sign Moton and Sam, but I am not against cutting KK and Shaq (if he can't be traded) and Weatherly. Let Okung walk-- So we should have enough $$ to sign several players.  A TE, S, G, and CB, for example.  That would leave MLB, OT, and OC for the draft--rounds 2-5.  I think we can find a T in round 2, a MLB (better than Pimple) in round 3, and a C in round 4.  I am not sure we would drop off much, and these players will improve, unlike Pimple, Paradise by the Dashboard Lights, and Chicken Little.

50 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Where are you going to get a good QB for the future?  Free agency?  Waiver wire?  Trade?----Draft.  When you are in a position to pick a QB, even if it is not a #1 need, you draft that player in the first round so that it never becomes your #1 need. 

This year is a good QB draft---I see 5 going in round 1, and I see 4 that I am confident can become solid.  So if Lance or Zack is there when we pick,  I do not see how you ignore it.   Here is why:  It sure seems that we have no depth at QB.  Even if you pay Bridgewater $20m per and he becomes the clipboard holder, you still do not have much $$ invested in the QB position--and you have depth.

Bbbbutt what about the OL?  MLB?  CB? S?  TE? 

We are currently functioning on 75% of the cap--the rest is dead money that comes off the books.  We need to re-sign Moton and Sam, but I am not against cutting KK and Shaq (if he can't be traded) and Weatherly. Let Okung walk-- So we should have enough $$ to sign several players.  A TE, S, G, and CB, for example.  That would leave MLB, OT, and OC for the draft--rounds 2-5.  I think we can find a T in round 2, a MLB (better than Pimple) in round 3, and a C in round 4.  I am not sure we would drop off much, and these players will improve, unlike Pimple, Paradise by the Dashboard Lights, and Chicken Little.

A lot of wishful thinking on what can be grabbed in next draft. 

Archived