• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Ruhle.

Rhule

Here is my very first post!

New Ruhle #1: win the trenches.

Teams that are consistently relevant have their foundation built on great lines - offense and defense. All our future high draft picks and free agency moves should focus on the trenches.

I love Christian mccaffrey, Cam Newton, Steve Smith, Greg Olsen and DJ Moore. However, we didn't win consistently because we didn't win the trenches consistently. 

Houston has a young good franchise QB and yet the team is struggling. We had Cam Newton for 9 years with mix results. We couldn't protect him and he was released as damaged goods. Now many posts are wishing for high draft pick for a franchise QB.

We went 15-1 with great D-line and good O-line. We can win with Bridgewater if we protect him. We also saw what New Orleans did to Tom Brady with their QB pressure. Our Defense doesn't collapse the pocket and pressure the QBs. This MUST change. Investment on QB, RB, TE, and WR should come after building the lines.

New Ruhle #2:  Follow Rhule #1

47 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

New Rhule.

Keep the most gifted QB this franchise has ever had for one more year to see if he can play a new system. Versus blowing 60 million for an average player who puts up first half stats and crumbles with the game on the line.

are we getting rodney peete back or something?

I have heard this before from Rhule.  How many times did we waste a chance to get a quality O-lineman for a position we already had.  Shaq and Butler just to get started.  Both of these have shown their value wasn't a first round pick. 

1. Rhule comes from the offensive side as a OL coach. So we know he values OLinemen.

2. Hopefully he learned from Rivera's mistake of never truly addressing the line. 

1 hour ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I have heard this before from Rhule.  How many times did we waste a chance to get a quality O-lineman for a position we already had.  Shaq and Butler just to get started.  Both of these have shown their value wasn't a first round pick. 

1. Rhule comes from the offensive side as a OL coach. So we know he values OLinemen.

2. Hopefully he learned from Rivera's mistake of never truly addressing the line. 

Well he definitely didn't address it in his first draft . 

The organization has been swinging and missing badly particularly in the OL free agent department.

What I would do if I were Rule I'd 

1) sign Moton 

2) get the best tackle or best C/G prospect in the draft  in R1 (if not drafting QB in R1)

3) use a 2nd or 3rd on whatever section of the oline you didn't get with the first pick (ex R1 OT, R3 C/G)

4) sign a couple of good free agent peices. Don't have to be world beaters but you have to make SURE they aren't bums , castaways, or injury prone. Otherwise your just repeating the cycle.

He spent his first season grying to rebuild the Dline. Now how about giving the same attention to the oline . 

Stop making excuses and build a consistent good young offensive line.  If they truly believe in Teddy Bridgewater then don't let him become a rag doll like Cam and actually protect him . 

8 hours ago, Rhule said:

Here is my very first post!

New Ruhle #1: win the trenches.

Teams that are consistently relevant have their foundation built on great lines - offense and defense. All our future high draft picks and free agency moves should focus on the trenches.

I love Christian mccaffrey, Cam Newton, Steve Smith, Greg Olsen and DJ Moore. However, we didn't win consistently because we didn't win the trenches consistently. 

Houston has a young good franchise QB and yet the team is struggling. We had Cam Newton for 9 years with mix results. We couldn't protect him and he was released as damaged goods. Now many posts are wishing for high draft pick for a franchise QB.

We went 15-1 with great D-line and good O-line. We can win with Bridgewater if we protect him. We also saw what New Orleans did to Tom Brady with their QB pressure. Our Defense doesn't collapse the pocket and pressure the QBs. This MUST change. Investment on QB, RB, TE, and WR should come after building the lines.

New Ruhle #2:  Follow Rhule #1

Haven’t read any responses yet and I’m sure this has turned into a Lawrence, Fields or that guy from SD. But I think you’re absolutely right and was the plan all along, build through the draft according to needs. Both sides of the lines have holes and absolutely no depth whatsoever. Then you look at LB, DB and S, so yeah QB is not a need at the moment. 

Great first post!!

Archived