• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Turn overs

Hairless Cat

Stewarts was iffy, but D-Wills was a good defensive hand in the right spot at the right time... you can talk about ball security all you want, but sometimes the defensive player just makes a play.

You mean the one at our 2 where he bobbled it before anyone even made contact or the one at the 14 where he was fighting for extra yardage needlessly because he wasn't foing to make the first down?

Both were on him and no one else.

I blame both fumbles on Delhomme/play calling. It was 3rd and Long, we run the ball because Jake is such a liability. So Stewart keeps spinning trying to make something out of it only to get popped on the ball for a fumble.

The other was Goaline, why were we running our smallest Running back in that situation when they knew we won't pass because Jake is such a Liability? Why didn't we atleast run the bigger back there to get the breathing room, knowing they were bringing the heat up the middle???

You can't have a team like ours, with play calling being dictated by how awful and dangerous Jake throwing the ball is. Stuff like this will happen as a result.

You mean the one at our 2 where he bobbled it before anyone even made contact or the one at the 14 where he was fighting for extra yardage needlessly because he wasn't foing to make the first down?

Both were on him and no one else.

I only saw D-will fumble once, right on our own goal line and the replay I saw showed one of the NO players reaching in and hitting the ball out of his arm... maybe I need to watch it again, but it looked to me like it just got knocked out.

His hand was in the right place, but that was a love tap. Ball security was definitely an issue. If dwill had two hands on that thing, it's a different ball game. A win? Maybe not, but it would have been a 3-point game, instead of a two-possession game.

I blame both fumbles on Delhomme/play calling. It was 3rd and Long, we run the ball because Jake is such a liability. So Stewart keeps spinning trying to make something out of it only to get popped on the ball for a fumble.

The other was Goaline, why were we running our smallest Running back in that situation when they knew we won't pass because Jake is such a Liability? Why didn't we atleast run the bigger back there to get the breathing room, knowing they were bringing the heat up the middle???

You can't have a team like ours, with play calling being dictated by how awful and dangerous Jake throwing the ball is. Stuff like this will happen as a result.

Davidson made the same mistake you are now, judging a player on past performance instead of how he was playing at a particular moment. I was not a great fan of alot of Henning and his snap it on 1 philosophy for example. But he did have a feed the stud mentality and knew how to get the ball to the hot hand. Anyone could have easily predicted Jake would play well in the Superdome becuase he always does. Davidson was the issue not Jake. He just ran what Davidson sent in.

Archived