• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Today was not on Delhomme at all

phatphilqc

Jake played one of the worst stretches of football (from last years AZ game to the Buffalo game) of any starting QB in the NFL ever. That stretch is definitely impacting the playcalling.

They have basically restricted him to short passes until things are desperate. They may be trying to build Jake's confidence backup to a point where he can be somewhat effective again. Fwiw, I hope it works.

Despite yesterday's game (a game which I never expected us to win anyway) we still have a shot at the playoffs. Not much of a shot, but a shot nonetheless. The next two games are winnable games for us. Win them and get to 500, and who knows what will happen.

I would love to see Jake comeback and take us on a winning streak. Dont' think it will happen, but would still love to see it.

It wasn't Delhommes fault today!! If it was I would be the first to point that out but clearly he wasn't the issue. He only threw the ball 12 times in the first 3 quarters because he didn't need to. If we had complete control of the game why change what we were doing?

Today D. Williams REALLY hurt us with that drop in the endzone. That would have made it 24 13 and completely shifted momentum back in our favor. Delhomme did bobble the snap before but he still made a damn good read to find williams open who couldnt bring it in.

Also the fumble on the 1 yard line ended any hope of making a comeback from a game we had locked up in the first half.

D. Jarrett is another bust. They have touted him as being awesome in practice but he has yet to deliver. Had a beautiful pass go right through his hands. Could have changed the outcome.

J. Stewart ran like he didn't give a damn today and fumbled on the 16. Luckily gamble got that INT.

But clearly the one play that hurt was the Deangelo drop. That would have made it an 11 point game instead of 7.

The defense looked lost in the second half. I can't understand why because everything N.O was doing was very simple. They ran the same play twice for a huge gainer and completed multiple short screens that kept going for 10+ yards.

Today was def. not on Delhomme, surprisingly.

dewill already does EVERYTHING! you can't blame him for a couple of bad plays when jake makes many during each game! jake was off target in his only few passes he made. how many overthrows did jake make? TOO MANY!

you can't expect dewill to make every single play without any mistakes at all to bail out jake who makes mistakes on about half of the times he touches the ball. dewill can't do it all. he needs some help from his QB the rest of the game.

dewill already does EVERYTHING! you can't blame him for a couple of bad plays when jake makes many during each game! jake was off target in his only few passes he made. how many overthrows did jake make? TOO MANY!

you can't expect dewill to make every single play without any mistakes at all to bail out jake who makes mistakes on about half of the times he touches the ball. dewill can't do it all. he needs some help from his QB the rest of the game.

Deangelo Williams - "I gotta belly full'a white dog crap and now you lay this poo on me?!?!"

:P

Archived