• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Zach Wilson and 9 BYU vs 21 Boise State (BYU's one formidable opponent) Thread. Friday 11-6-20 945 PM FS1

Thoughts at halftime...

Wilson is definitely accurate with a quick release and a decent athlete. I don't see him being a huge running threat in the NFL, but he'll be able to buy time with his legs and he has enough running ability to keep a defense honest. His arm isn't bad but it isn't great either. Probably fairly average for an NFL QB. Those sideline balls take a long time to get there. Like most elite QB talents, he tends to hold the ball too long sometimes and that leads to some bad sacks. That bit him in the ass on that last play if the half. Can't stand back there and hold the ball that long with the click ticking. Gotta give your team an opportunity to kick a FG if the endzone opportunity isn't there. Holding the ball until time expires and then throwing short of the endzone just wasn't great game management there.

So far, I haven't fallen in love but I'm also not seeing any major red flags so far. I wish there were more opportunities to see him vs. decent completion this year.

2 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Okay, the team struggled to put up points in a rain filled game. However, looking at his numbers, King did not struggle. Also, Virginia can be tough, the following week they beat a good NC team.

They didn't win due to defense though. Howell lit them up like a Christmas tree.

Archived