• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

And the smoke screens have started. The Ringer: Hornets eying Onyeka Okongwu at number 3.

The Charlotte Hornets have the No. 3 overall pick in the 2020 NBA draft, and they might be zeroing in on USC forward Onyeka Okongwu.

The Ringer's Kevin O'Connor reported the Hornets "are likely targeting a big man and are heavily considering Okongwu."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2916353-report-onyeka-okongwu-being-heavily-considered-by-hornets-in-2020-nba-draft#:~:text=The Charlotte Hornets have the,and are heavily considering Okongwu."

Just saw the same think on si.com

The Hornets are widely believed to be targeting a big with their lottery selection at No. 3. But to land James Wiseman, Charlotte will likely have to get serious about trading up, given the likelihood he’ll be unavailable to them otherwise. What exactly they’d be willing to trade to do that is unclear, and it’s worth noting the other player I’ve consistently heard linked to Charlotte is Onyeka Okongwu. Okongwu makes more sense in the event the Hornets find a way to trade back, but if they’re unable or unwilling to make a move for Wiseman, he’s a player to keep an eye on. There remains a common thought that the Hornets are not enamored with LaMelo Ball.

5 minutes ago, bull123 said:

No.. if this were the NFL draft that would be like trading a Top 10 pick for a late first and a couple 3rd rounders

Stay at #3 and pick whoever is left from Edwards, Wiseman and Okongwu

Is Wiseman really the clear choice over Okongwu? I haven’t seen any of them play, but purely from what I read about them there is a lot to like about Okongwu.

Wiseman’s upside could be higher, but does he have “it”? Okongwu seems to, hard worker, all out on the court etc.

Again, curious about everyone’s thoughts on this.

29 minutes ago, Martin said:

Is Wiseman really the clear choice over Okongwu? I haven’t seen any of them play, but purely from what I read about them there is a lot to like about Okongwu.

Wiseman’s upside could be higher, but does he have “it”? Okongwu seems to, hard worker, all out on the court etc.

Again, curious about everyone’s thoughts on this.

I think we are lucky that Wiseman only played 3 games in college.. if he had played the full season - he would have a highlight reel that would make other teams LOVE him and he would absolutely be out of range at #3..

right now, Wiseman is potentially available at #3 but i doubt it.. Okongwu is a solid consolidation prize.. he might have the better footwork and defensive ability in the post.. Wiseman has to develop all of that defensive awareness and post moves

Okongwu doesn't look to have a 3ball in his arsenal right now and Wiseman seems to have a pretty sweet shot motion that makes you believe he can hit the 3ball in the future..

I like Onyeka a lot but I don’t want to force myself into thinking that he’s Bam 2.0. That will get you in trouble down the road. If we want him, we need to trade down and try adding a pick or two in next year’s draft. 

Another smokescreen: Warriors ownership pushing front office to draft Ball.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/nba-rumors-warriors-ownership-push-lamelo-ball-if-james-wiseman-gone

I can't imagine that is true. Maybe they do draft Ball but I can't imagine that a team as well run as them would have the ownership pushing the front office to make a decision to draft a player they aren't sold on. But if so, then great and lol. I'll take Edwards or Wiseman at 3 whoever is there.

Archived