• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fallout 3: Game of the Year edition..

Samuel L. Jackson

So, I caved in and instead of downloading all the DLC form the Playstation store for $10 a pop, I decided to trade in my old Fallout 3 for the GOTY edition...

I did this in hopes of not only enjoying the new content, but enjoying a less buggy game...

Haven't had chance to fire it up yet (got it yesterday) but have any of you? Is it less buggy (freezing in VATS mostly)...

I ended up paying what I would have paid to download all the DLC, or at least close to it, and am hoping that bug fixes will make this move a smart one... Google hasn't been much help...

Thanks!

I have the Fallout 3 Collectors Edition from a while ago, and I bought a few add-ons from the playstation store. I liked the add-ons, I just felt each one was pretty short for the $10. I desperately wanted the new content to be really good because Fallout was my favorite game of all time, and it's now losing it's luster. Let me know if there is anything particularly cool about the GOTY edition.

Well, sadly, I haven't had much time to play yet... I did get on long enough to discover that for some reason, my main Fallout 3 character's last save (pretty much right before the end-game quest) was somehow deleted... Rather than start him back at another save point, I figured I'd start a new character to go through the whole game again...

Funny thing is, once you get out of the Vault for the first time, all the new contents' radio signals are picked up, so you already have access to them right out of the gate... I will be leveling up a bit before I head for any of them though...

I've already had one freeze up though... It was when I went to sit down for the GOAT in the vault.. I was hitting buttons to skip the dialogue and had just sat down, and the Teacher just would never start the test and I couldn't get up or move or do anything.. I was just sitting there breathing watching the teacher stand in place... I had to reboot...

No VATS freezes yet though, so maybe they got that fixed.. Of course, I haven't started fighting any tough enemies or using any sophisticated weapons yet either... I'll keep you updated...

I had the same problem with the teacher never starting the test the very first time I played the game. I got so mad I nearly decided to take the game back. Then I gave it another shot, and it turned into my favorite game. It is a pretty buggy game no doubt, but it's well worth it. There is just so much you can do.

Archived