• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Ryan told Todd Gurley not to score, on the final Falcons drive he scored a TD on.

1 hour ago, Bartin said:

Really amazing job of the Lions defender to fake the tackle like that and make Gurley lose track of where he was. Without that Gurley definitely gets down.

I was just about to say the same thing. Everyone wants to heap on Gurley but that was a smart defensive play. Basically let him build momentum trying to break the tackle and then let go; genius

1 hour ago, cardiackat88. said:

I don’t know the entire game situation, so I have to ask.

Why didn’t the Falcons take a knee instead?

1 hour ago, ladypanther said:

They needed the 1st down to keep the ball and run time off the clock.

It was 1st & goal with 1:12 seconds left, and the Lions had no timeouts...cardiac is right.  They could've just taken 2 kneel downs and then spike it on 3rd down with about 3 seconds left.  It's not all Gurley's fault here, blame everyone.

1 hour ago, Rockahype said:

Gurley has intentionally not scored multiple times in his career to run the clock out for his team.  

He had a reason to score this time and that reason is essentially f**k the Falcons.

Check out the two plays starting at 5:15 of this video:

2 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Lol.  I watched it live...  I mean, at least Gurley tried to stop himself, but you're telling a man to go against his natural instinct there...  and as soon as he crossed that goalline, I just knew they effed themselves, and they did lol.

That being said, I do expect them to play us tough tomorrow night and make the game much harder than it needs to be.

Gurley intentionally didn't score vs the Packers a few years back.... If it wasn't a one win team I bet you he doesn't have to second guess himself.

1 hour ago, DeSim said:

It was 1st & goal with 1:12 seconds left, and the Lions had no timeouts...cardiac is right.  They could've just taken 2 kneel downs and then spike it on 3rd down with about 3 seconds left.  It's not all Gurley's fault here, blame everyone.

My bad.  Got that from Ryan telling Gurley to get the 1st down and then drop.  That being a 1st down play....some really dumb sh#t there Falcons.

1 hour ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Gurley intentionally didn't score vs the Packers a few years back.... If it wasn't a one win team I bet you he doesn't have to second guess himself.

No doubt.  I remember seeing Gurley give himself up on the sidelines when he was with the rams to keep the clock running when he could've scored.  He prolly didn't even need Ryan telling him that, he just got caught in a bad spot.  And as much as I like him as a NC guy, that's what you get playing for thr Failcons lol.

1 hour ago, DeSim said:

They made a similar dumb move like that in London in 2014.  It was the end of the game and they should have just run clock, but instead they threw a frickin WR screen to Julio that he dropped.  It was an incredibly bad decision and Stafford led them down the field and scored to end the game.  

10 hours ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

He did the same thing vs the Lions a few years ago as well (not score on purpose).

Archived