• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tankathon Mock Draft. All 3 QB's go top 10. Carolina takes Kyle Pitts. Yeesh.

Go look at the TEs drafted in the 1st round for the past 10 years. Not pretty. You want a game changer in the 1st round, and a TE is never going to live up to that.  And as good as Pitts is, he is not a good blocker, so we'd be essentially wasting a 1st round pick on merely redzone threat who can't block. You can fill that with a FA TE tbh.

20 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly, if I'm the Falcons and the board falls that way, I take Chase and trade Julio.

If I'm the Falcons and the board falls like that I might take Lance and trade Ryan and Julio and just go full reset.

As far as our pick goes I'm not sure about TE.  I love the idea of adding a dynamic TE to our offense, and I agree that Pitts is one of the better TE prospects that we have seen in awhile but history scares me a bit.  For whatever reason teams seem to be able to find TEs later in the draft.

For example:

Top 5 TEs based on yardage this year:

Kelce RD2, Kittle RD5, Waller RD6, Gisicki RD2, Henry RD2

1st round TEs 2014-2019

Ebron, Howard, Engram, Njoku, Hurst, Hockenson, Fant

Personally, Caleb Farley (DB) and Rondale Moore (WR) would both be really tempting at that spot, but it is still early in year.  

RD1 I'm looking for high ceiling guys, at high value positions, that I feel like are harder to fill at later rounds or very expensive in free agency.

19 hours ago, Dog Runner said:

Alabama has 6 players in top 20 of this draft

Pretty typical of early mock drafts. They are always chock full of players from big name programs because that’s who most in the media pay attention to then as the process plays out the more under the radar guys move up into higher spots.

16 hours ago, Castavar said:

Go look at the TEs drafted in the 1st round for the past 10 years. Not pretty. You want a game changer in the 1st round, and a TE is never going to live up to that.  And as good as Pitts is, he is not a good blocker, so we'd be essentially wasting a 1st round pick on merely redzone threat who can't block. You can fill that with a FA TE tbh.

Very true of 1st round TEs. Off the top of my head, only 1 or 2 1st round TEs in the last decade have justified their draft position. The sweet spot for TEs seems to be in the 2nd or 3rd.

Also, agree on Pitts. As great as he looks, his lack of size and inability to block means he basically needs to be prime Jimmy Graham to justify being a mid 1st round pick. He is at least a willing blocker, but he just sucks at it.

On 10/22/2020 at 4:13 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think it's very fair to an individual player to use team success as the sole factor of evaluating that individual player. It's odd to me that only QBs carry a W-L record. Football really is the ultimate team sport.

I mean I agree largely it is bogus how we do that. 

but then you look at season like the 2015 Carolina Panthers and it highlights just how powerful the QB position can be. 

On 10/22/2020 at 1:18 PM, *FreeFua* said:

I couldn’t care less about the Tar Heels so I’m not some homer...

Chazz Surratt will end up being a 1st rounder. Dude is so damn athletic and raw still which is crazy. Slide him in next to Shaq with Chinn roaming around... yikes

Definitely don’t want Kyle Pitts or any tight end in the 1st.

Zach Wilson and Mac Jones are two names that should start showing up in 1st round mocks soon

Crazy seeing how good Surratt is after playing QB.. just not sure if he’s NFL talent 

10 minutes ago, Varking said:

Justin Fields looks like a monster out there today. Only incomplete pass was a 40+ yard bomb to the end zone that the receiver caught and then dropped as he hit the ground. 

He is incredibly accurate...pretty amazing 

14 hours ago, DamnItJake! said:

Crazy seeing how good Surratt is after playing QB.. just not sure if he’s NFL talent 

LOL. He has the speed, size, athletic ability, and awareness. NFL scouts and personnel are raving about him. You just be a typical carolina hater. 

Archived