• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tankathon Mock Draft. All 3 QB's go top 10. Carolina takes Kyle Pitts. Yeesh.

15 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Who would consider Stafford a bust? He's put up solid numbers, the Lions are just such a trash organization that they've driven two all-time greats into early retirement within the last 20 years.

I'm merely talking about where the line gets drawn.  Is Sanchez a bust?  Is Alex Smith a bust? Is the line between Sanchez and Stafford?  

You spend your pick on the #1 overall pick on a QB. Then I tell you only this....

12 years later you have 0 playoff wins and an overall losing record. Would you call that a variation of a bust given it was the #1 overall pick?  Because that is Stafford's resume.    Lions or not.   Lot of trash organizations of this era have notched a playoff win.   

12 minutes ago, CRA said:

I'm merely talking about where the line gets drawn.  Is Sanchez a bust?  Is Alex Smith a bust? Is the line between Sanchez and Stafford?  

You spend your pick on the #1 overall pick on a QB. Then I tell you only this....

12 years later you have 0 playoff wins and an overall losing record. Would you call that a variation of a bust given it was the #1 overall pick?  Because that is Stafford's resume.    Lions or not.   Lot of trash organizations of this era have notched a playoff win.   

No one can be considered a bust if they’re a starter on the team for over a decade. Now you could argue whether the team would have been better off trading away for assets, but I couldn’t call that specific player a bust. 

15 minutes ago, Carolina Cajun said:

I know you hate teddy and I agree he played bad last week, but given an actual big body that he could use in the red zone does seem like something that would help his td production tremendously.  

I mean, sure man. That's assuming he can actually get better, but I personally believe as well as many others. This is what he is. 

43 minutes ago, CRA said:

I don't think it's very fair to an individual player to use team success as the sole factor of evaluating that individual player. It's odd to me that only QBs carry a W-L record. Football really is the ultimate team sport.

16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think it's very fair to an individual player to use team success as the sole factor of evaluating that individual player. It's odd to me that only QBs carry a W-L record. Football really is the ultimate team sport.

You should try to remember this more often

;)

Archived