• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tankathon Mock Draft. All 3 QB's go top 10. Carolina takes Kyle Pitts. Yeesh.

34 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

I couldn’t care less about the Tar Heels so I’m not some homer...

Chazz Surratt will end up being a 1st rounder. Dude is so damn athletic and raw still which is crazy. Slide him in next to Shaq with Chinn roaming around... yikes

Definitely don’t want Kyle Pitts or any tight end in the 1st.

Zach Wilson and Mac Jones are two names that should start showing up in 1st round mocks soon

I think its past time that we quit picking "raw" linebackers in the first.  The first round is where players should be plug and play.  If we pass on Davis, Little or Eichenberg or someone of that quality we are doing a disservice to whoever is the qb in the coming years.  Build the damn line already

24 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Quite possibly. Ryan is 36 and prior to Brees and Brady playing well into their AARP years, common thought would be that he's past his prime and on the downslope. Honestly, he probably is. It's also quite possible that Lawrence and/or Fields is a bust. History says it's actually likely.

History doesn’t really say that. How many of the top QB picks were cemented as probably top picks the year before their last year. I know you know but trying to compare say Russell, Mayfield, Couch and others with Manning x2, Luck and Elway is like saying Kwame Brown and LeBron had the same probability for success. Technically speaking Lawrence (can’t say Fields yet because we haven’t seen him play this year) could bust, but he’s about as high a prospect can get and way above most top picks before.

10 minutes ago, stbugs said:

History doesn’t really say that. How many of the top QB picks were cemented as probably top picks the year before their last year. I know you know but trying to compare say Russell, Mayfield, Couch and others with Manning x2, Luck and Elway is like saying Kwame Brown and LeBron had the same probability for success. Technically speaking Lawrence (can’t say Fields yet because we haven’t seen him play this year) could bust, but he’s about as high a prospect can get and way above most top picks before.

Honestly, I have no idea what you're trying to say.

51 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

This is a deep draft. A guy like Twyman going 25th shows how deep it is. 

Im not so sure Lance goes before Wilson pending on how the rest of this season plays out for Zach. 

And if Carolina is in love with Lance or Wilson, I’d like to think they’d trade up to get their guy. Any other position, no but QB, yes.

I like Wilson, but man. BYU has played some straight up poo so far this year. We'll see though. 

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly, I have no idea what you're trying to say.

He’s saying there’s a difference in bust probability for guys like Lawrence vs Mitch Trubisky. 

Lawrence has been hyped as the best QB prospect since high school while other top drafted QBs ride the wave of a successful college year. The former are less likely to be busts.

12 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

Pitts would be a good pick but I think we need LB/DT help more

We are never going to win anything in this league if we cant stop the run 

Our defense is 12th in the NFL with almost all young guys. Our offense is like 23rd in the nfl because we don’t have a big red zone option. Pitts fixes that. 

21 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

He’s saying there’s a difference in bust probability for guys like Lawrence vs Mitch Trubisky. 

Lawrence has been hyped as the best QB prospect since high school while other top drafted QBs ride the wave of a successful college year. The former are less likely to be busts.

My point is that looking at the history of the draft, the likelihood that at least one of Lawrence and Fields busts is pretty high. I'm not necessarily saying it'll be Lawrence.

5 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

The percentage of him busting skyrockets if the Jets pick him. 

I don’t think Lawrence has much of a shot of being a bust. Unless he gets injured he’s one of those 10-15 years on one team kind of kids. 

5 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

The percentage of him busting skyrockets if the Jets pick him. 

Honestly, the Jets would be better off trading that pick for a bunch of picks and attempting to build something that resembles an actual football team for Darnold. 

Trevor should pull an Eli. Going to NYJ would be career suicide for Trevor

19 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

My point is that looking at the history of the draft, the likelihood that at least one of Lawrence and Fields busts is pretty high. I'm not necessarily saying it'll be Lawrence.

then there is the whole definition of busting.  What is a bust and what isn't a bust that high.

Jamarcus level bust? Easy call.

Sanchez level bust? 

Alex Smith level bust? 

Matt Stafford? 

Archived