• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bears easily get pressure all day with front 4.

Jeremy Igo

In a world of instant gratification, this team was never going to win the Super Bowl. Watching these young guys learn and adapt has been been fun. Teddy is more than a glorified game manager and will thrive in the right circumstances. Running for your life all game, makes it hard to succeed. I can’t wait to see what this team looks like in 1-2 more years. We have a legitimate staff and good things are coming down the pike. Stay positive my friends, it will get better.

9 hours ago, NJPanthers12 said:

Awful pass on 4th down. Awful interception. Refuses to throw in end zone. All the truth but goes against the narrative that is being pushed here.

He didn't drop two passes(one in the endzone), he didn't fumble the ball, he didn't whiff a FG, etc.

There were other critical mistakes made, as well. But, he did miss DJ on a wide open throw to DJ on a 4th down. He did throw a boneheaded INT to seal the win for the Bears. He also didn't handle the pressure very well. 

He didn't lose the game solo but he didn't help much either. 

It is what it is. 

10 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

This team was also good enough to beat the Bears today.  While I appreciate the good vibes and positivity, I don't want any moral victories...  we've had a ton of missed opportunities today and have also been on the bad end of some horrible officiating.

502FCAFE-5D80-42DB-B460-D13F51E1311B.thumb.jpeg.4cd4081c99d2d6ea0dd3a82b9db5ee3b.jpeg

4 hours ago, philit99 said:

In a world of instant gratification, this team was never going to win the Super Bowl. Watching these young guys learn and adapt has been been fun. Teddy is more than a glorified game manager and will thrive in the right circumstances. Running for your life all game, makes it hard to succeed. I can’t wait to see what this team looks like in 1-2 more years. We have a legitimate staff and good things are coming down the pike. Stay positive my friends, it will get better.

This.

10 hours ago, philit99 said:

Really REALLY hoping we concentrate on building the offensive line next year.

Having an extension in place with Taylor Moton would be a nice start, but that's getting more difficult by the week.

We can talk about the offensive line, but this is something that Joe Brady's scheme is going to leave Teddy vulnerable to. Lot of shotgun, lots of spread out formations, not much play action, and the running back usually releases or check releases into a route. Defenses like Chicago's, who can play man on DJ and Robby (rare) AND get pressure with four (also rare) are going to give us trouble if he doesn't change something.

I was a little disappointed to not see much of an adjustment. Manhertz/Thomas chipped occasionally, but we didn't go more play action-heavy or use much jet-sweep/orbit motion to keep the edge rushers from pinning their ears back. Didn't line anybody but Davis in the backfield as a blocker. Still relied on DJ and Robby to beat their guys and Teddy to find them when they did. 

It's not that big a deal--Chicago's defense is one of the best in the league; there aren't that many teams who can play that way. And Brady's young and probably still implementing his base stuff with this team in a tough offseason. Hopefully this is a learning experience and he introduces more variety down the road.

Archived