• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CBS Sports Mock Draft. Panthers pass on Lance for an OL guy. 49ers take Lance the next pick.

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

After that last game, I have serious questions about Lance's ability to be a starting caliber NFL QB. If we think he can develop into one, sure. But honestly I wouldn't throw a fit if we passed on him.

I think I’m with you on this. Let Joe Brady and the scouts bring him in and make the call. It’s weird to actually have confidence in our staff. If he isn’t a huge upgrade from Teddy then we should be looking at OL, MLB, FS, or CB (unless Pride, and Douglas continue to get better).

1 hour ago, Panther Believer said:

Personally I would rather get Dylan Moses and have our MLB for the future, or Kyle Pitts to remind Joe Brady what a TE looks like and could be our Darren Waller type of pass catcher. However, O line is never a bad thing.

It can be. Atlanta passed on Burns to take a G. Guess which one they’d rather have now? If we take a G at 13, we are dumb. Simple as that. Last year Lindstrom and Bradbury (G and C) went in the first and there were guys available at C/G when we, ugh, drafted Little and those guys actually did better. The drop off from mid first G/C guys and mid 2nd is tiny. The drop off at other high priority positions is huge. This would be an awful pick unless it’s a T and we don’t extend Okung and Moton.

Interesting how in four weeks we've gone from being a hard core participant in the TL sweepstakes to out of the top 10 entirely.

Honestly, there is nothing about a mock draft at this point that even has the stink of realistic about it.  All you can really say is which college players seem to be improving their stock and which pro teams appear to be going in positive or negative directions.  Anything else is just spin.

32 minutes ago, stbugs said:

If we extend Okung and Moton then OL is addressable later. LB, DT and DB make sense in the 1st.

If the NFL is going to keep holding calls down moving forward I’d love to see us sign Garrett Bolles this off season.

He’s finally becoming the pro I thought he’d be. Took him some time but he’s been really good this year and was solid last year. The Broncos declined his 5th year option

Pay tackles, draft guards. Or you can always find guards for cheap like we did John Miller and Chris Reed. 

10 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

If the NFL is going to keep holding calls down moving forward I’d love to see us sign Garrett Bolles this off season.

He’s finally becoming the pro I thought he’d be. Took him some time but he’s been really good this year and was solid last year. The Broncos declined his 5th year option

Pay tackles, draft guards. Or you can always find guards for cheap like we did John Miller and Chris Reed. 

Yeah, and take a chance on Lance for the future. 

Archived