• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peter Schrager: Panthers are the best story in the NFL.

22 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

He said we are the best story, not the best team. We were suppose to win a game or two and have the worst defense in history. We were supposed to have a coaching staff in over their heads. 

That sounds like what half the people on here thought.  And some still think now. 

25 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

He said we are the best story, not the best team. We were suppose to win a game or two and have the worst defense in history. We were supposed to have a coaching staff in over their heads. 

That sounds like what half the people on here thought.  And some still think now. 

41 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

I think he's jumping the gun just a bit. We're 2-2 so that makes us a .500 team. We beat the Chargers (1-3) and the Cardinals (2-2). The two losses came against a 3-2 Tampa team and the Raiders (2-2). We've played hard in all of our games. But, if we lose to the Falcons (0-4) this week I don't think Mr. Schrager (or my fellow Huddlers) will be feeling the same way.

According to all you experts, we weren't supposed to winning at all. Stop changing the story line. 

8 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

He said we are the best story, not the best team. We were suppose to win a game or two and have the worst defense in history. We were supposed to have a coaching staff in over their heads.  We are looking like a competitive team out of the blue. That makes a good story.

Though I'm not a big fan of Peter Schrager as he seems to just be a typical NFL talk type of guy not a knowledgeable analyst. More like a Stephen A Smith. 

I agree with everything you said except more like a Stephen A...if we’re talking basketball his primary sport he’s one of the most knowledgeable talking sports head out here. That’s why he took over ESPN but he’s extra flamboyant etc etc for tv bit honestly dude b-ball iq is ridiculous. 

16 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

I think he's jumping the gun just a bit. We're 2-2 so that makes us a .500 team. We beat the Chargers (1-3) and the Cardinals (2-2). The two losses came against a 3-2 Tampa team and the Raiders (2-2). We've played hard in all of our games. But, if we lose to the Falcons (0-4) this week I don't think Mr. Schrager (or my fellow Huddlers) will be feeling the same way.

If you put these games with any context you me feel the same way can we atleast say game one was a preseason type of game. First time our coach “coached” a nfl game. And we def had chances to win. One major difference is less 3 man fronts and less Whitehead. Now that we’ve mad this adjustments we’ve seen different results. We’re on track to be a contender and I love it.

23 minutes ago, RenoCarolina said:

and then Nate picks falcons over panthers.

on a somewhat related note, anyone else notice the change in looks for Kay Adams  from "girl next door" to "french maid"?   

ka.jpg

ka1.jpg

set the filters to maximum captain

Looking ahead to the next 4 games, the only game that looks "difficult" is at the Saints. It's hard to sweep a division rival twice in four weeks, but ATL is THAT bad, IMO. 

Chicago is the weakest 3-1 team as well.

That's not to say we are going to go 3-1 over this stretch, but we could very well be 5-3 at the halfway point heading into our rematch at home against Tompa Bay. 

1 hour ago, BrianS said:

Honestly, with a coaching staff as talented as this one, the 2015 Panthers probably go undefeated and win the Super Bowl, and then follow it up with a strong run at another title in 2016.  That team was talented.

2016 we got hit by the injury bug and had a K that helped us lose 4 games. I don’t think we would have had a strong title run that year it was just one of those years although some good kicks/DA not throwing that INT on 1st and goal, we could have easily been 10-6. Problem is a not healthy OL and not healthy Cam at the end of the year meant title contention was not in the cards. 2017 was a different story though. Beat the Saints and we’re a contender and 2013 as well. Heck, even 2014, we had a shot as well. Lost by 14 at Seattle (who were one run from winning it all) but that was the point swing due to the 90 yard pick six when we were going in to score. Good coaching staff and 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2017 could have all been longer runs.

1 hour ago, RenoCarolina said:

and then Nate picks falcons over panthers.

on a somewhat related note, anyone else notice the change in looks for Kay Adams  from "girl next door" to "french maid"?   

ka.jpg

ka1.jpg

still cute as heck..

Archived