• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peter Schrager: Panthers are the best story in the NFL.

I think he's jumping the gun just a bit. We're 2-2 so that makes us a .500 team. We beat the Chargers (1-3) and the Cardinals (2-2). The two losses came against a 3-2 Tampa team and the Raiders (2-2). We've played hard in all of our games. But, if we lose to the Falcons (0-4) this week I don't think Mr. Schrager (or my fellow Huddlers) will be feeling the same way.

6 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

I think he's jumping the gun just a bit. We're 2-2 so that makes us a .500 team. We beat the Chargers (1-3) and the Cardinals (2-2). The two losses came against a 3-2 Tampa team and the Raiders (2-2). We've played hard in all of our games. But, if we lose to the Falcons (0-4) this week I don't think Mr. Schrager (or my fellow Huddlers) will be feeling the same way.

Ehh, we've already exceeded or matched many people's (fans, media, etc.) expectations for this season and we're only a quarter of the way through. I agree a loss this week would be brutal and feel demoralizing, but just a couple weeks ago we were the favorites for 1st overall pick and many thought we had a chance to go 0-16... 2-2 is a huge success considering the roster turnover, coaching staff turnover and all the dead cap we have.

3 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

He said we are the best story, not the best team. We were suppose to win a game or two and have the worst defense in history. We were supposed to have a coaching staff in over their heads.  We are looking like a competitive team out of the blue. That makes a good story.

Though I'm not a big fan of Peter Schrager as he seems to just be a typical NFL talk type of guy not a knowledgeable analyst. More like a Stephen A Smith. 

48 minutes ago, hepcat said:

It’s amazing what getting a smart and competent coaching staff can do for a team.

No kidding. They’ve impressed me the most because I’m sorry to sound negative that we do have talent holes in a lot of places. It does make you sad for the 2013-2017 run to think what could have been with all that talent if we had a coaching staff like this in place.

We have a young team that tries hard, every game.  Regardless of our final record, and assuming we continue to be "that team", this season is going to be our most successful since 2015.  Turning over so much of the team both on the player side and staff side . . . it's incredible.

All this premised by "assuming we continue".  If the team gives up at some point, well, we've all seen that story unfold before.  I am cautiously optimistic for our future, if not this season.

3 minutes ago, stbugs said:

No kidding. They’ve impressed me the most because I’m sorry to sound negative that we do have talent holes in a lot of places. It does make you sad for the 2013-2017 run to think what could have been with all that talent if we had a coaching staff like this in place.

Honestly, with a coaching staff as talented as this one, the 2015 Panthers probably go undefeated and win the Super Bowl, and then follow it up with a strong run at another title in 2016.  That team was talented.

Archived