• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Avoided tackles per carry. (Guess who is best)

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, heelsnum1 said:

Unfortunately he is on a one year deal; I doubt we will be able to commit too much more cap space to the RB position going forward.  I hope we can somehow keep him though.

He might be willing to accept a decent offer being we gave him another chance.   Not sure how grateful he is to us.

1 hour ago, BPF said:

I say enjoy it while it lasts then...Let someone overpay in FA, we get a comp pick and he gets paid like he should. Seems like a win-win. Hopefully we have something special in the new young RBs we have been stashing on the PS. 

I am certain we'll have a maximum that we will offer him.  If someone is willing to pay more than so be it.  I'm not sure what the compensation pick will look like but anything is better than nothing.

6 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

Mike Davis only counts as 3M, he's not that expensive guys need to stop tripping on this. 

Nobody is tripping. I realized that his cap figure and salary were different--but at $3m, justify this:   In 2019, he carried the ball 13 times for 2 teams for a total of 27 yards.  It is easy to look back now and consider that a smart move, but it made little sense at the time.  Davis had already had 3 seasons with less than 100 yards rushing and only 1 season over 240 yards in his career.  He has been with 4 teams. If someone questioned keeping him at $3m per season, they would have been right to do so. 

We kept him on the roster--if you have a guy with that kind of production and you are under a cap, there is another reason.  If you filled the roster with guys with that kind of production and they are earning $3m, you get fired.

1 hour ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

I don't like the RB by committee approach.  I fear that as soon as CMC comes back, Mike Davis isn't going to get enough carries to start building up steam and he'll be cast aside.  We did the exact same thing with CJ Anderson.  Hopefully this coaching staff understands that a power back needs a dozen carries or so before the defense starts feeling the punishment.

You dont like rb by committee but then describe wanting more rb by committee?

That's confusing

I didnt expect much from Davis because of CMC being injury free until now and I was convinced he would be cut to slash salary - to give credit where it is due, good move by Hurney to have him here (comparatively cheaply) and by the coaches in keeping him on the roster despite CMC being the bellcow at that point.

Archived