• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trey Lance makes it official. Skipping his Spring season and entering the NFL Draft.

52 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

Your definition of great is a lot different than mine. 

Teddy is ranked #15 in QBR and ranked above guys like Joe Burrow, Tom Brady, Cam Newton, Deshaun Watson.

He's #6 in Total Yards.

All of this while playing on a completely new team with no preseason to develop chemistry with WRs.  He is only going to get better and I will be shocked if he isn't the starter for us in 2022.  

And get this!!  He is only the 20 highest paid QB.  We aren't paying him to be a superstar.  We will spend all the money and draft capital on upgrading the offensive line and defense.  McCaffrey is the guy we are building around, not the QB.  

11 minutes ago, Varking said:

The only spot where Teddy has been bottom third is passing touchdowns. Sam Darnold and Daniel Jones are the only QBs in the NFL to start 4 games and have less passing touchdowns than Teddy. And his 4:3 TD:INT ratio is also bottom third. Murray, Wentz, Fitzpatrick, Jones, Darnold and Cousins are the only QBs worse. Yards and completion percent have been outstanding. 

So are we going to act like Teddy wasn't a part of getting McCaffrey 4 touchdowns in 2 games?  

45 minutes ago, Varking said:

It’s not exactly like he’s been a drop back and sling the ball 25-30 times a game kid. I’ll trust whoever this new regime wants to sign but in his one year of playing they played most games where they didnt have him throw a lot. He only had like 7 of his 16 games had more than 20 throws. 7 games with 15 throws or less. 5 games with no TD passes and in the National Championship game their strategy was to not throw. He only attempted 10 passes. They had him run over 30 times. There’s a reason for that. 

Yeah, this is my concern. The guy ran a 4.92 in HS. It's not like he's gonna be running around like Cam or Lamar Jackson in the NFL. They're saying he's running 4.6s now but I call BS. I'd bet money he won't run at the Combine.

5 minutes ago, CatTower said:

So are we going to act like Teddy wasn't a part of getting McCaffrey 4 touchdowns in 2 games?  

1. I didn’t imply that at all. 
2. Those same QBs also have other players on the team score touchdowns. 

15 minutes ago, CatTower said:

Teddy is ranked #15 in QBR and ranked above guys like Joe Burrow, Tom Brady, Cam Newton, Deshaun Watson.

He's #6 in Total Yards.

All of this while playing on a completely new team with no preseason to develop chemistry with WRs.  He is only going to get better and I will be shocked if he isn't the starter for us in 2022.  

And get this!!  He is only the 20 highest paid QB.  We aren't paying him to be a superstar.  We will spend all the money and draft capital on upgrading the offensive line and defense.  McCaffrey is the guy we are building around, not the QB.  

Got bad news for you, we’re getting a QB next draft. Especially if Lance is there. They did visit him this weekend FFS. Also, he’s on pace for 16 TDS. Let’s not get too excited. 

1 minute ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

Got bad news for you, we’re getting a QB next draft. Especially if Lance is there. They did visit him this weekend FFS. Also, he’s on pace for 16 TDS. Let’s not get too excited. 

We've had 5 rushing TDs, not counting Teddy's 18 yard run last game.  All of those rushing TDs came on 7 yards or less.  

Troy Aikman only threw for more than 20 TDs one time in his career and won 3 Superbowls.

30 minutes ago, CatTower said:

We've had 5 rushing TDs, not counting Teddy's 18 yard run last game.  All of those rushing TDs came on 7 yards or less.  

Troy Aikman only threw for more than 20 TDs one time in his career and won 3 Superbowls.

That’s because he had hall of famers scattered across both sides of the field, like Bradshaw he really wasn’t an elite QB.

Archived