• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trey Lance makes it official. Skipping his Spring season and entering the NFL Draft.

50 minutes ago, CatTower said:

Teddy is only 27 and he's looked great so far.  Why are the fans of this team so focused on getting another QB?

He's been pretty solid so far, wouldn't say he's looked great enough yet that we pass up on a franchise QB in the draft (Lance has Mahomes level upside) if he's there for us. Maybe my opinion on that changes by the end of the season. Certainly wouldn't rule out Teddy as our long term solution at QB but as of now I'd still go for one of Lawrence/Fields/Lance if we can get one (seems like we won't have a realistic shot at the first 2).

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

fug you. If that drops him to our range(provided we keep winning) I am all for it.

It’s not exactly like he’s been a drop back and sling the ball 25-30 times a game kid. I’ll trust whoever this new regime wants to sign but in his one year of playing they played most games where they didnt have him throw a lot. He only had like 7 of his 16 games had more than 20 throws. 7 games with 15 throws or less. 5 games with no TD passes and in the National Championship game their strategy was to not throw. He only attempted 10 passes. They had him run over 30 times. There’s a reason for that. 

6 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

He’s been above average. Even JI said that. And he’s a huge Teddy homer. 

Most Huddlers expected Teddy to be a bottom 3rd QB before the season started.  If he is above average that would put him in the top half of the NFL.  That would be above expectations, no?

17 minutes ago, Varking said:

It’s not exactly like he’s been a drop back and sling the ball 25-30 times a game kid. I’ll trust whoever this new regime wants to sign but in his one year of playing they played most games where they didnt have him throw a lot. He only had like 7 of his 16 games had more than 20 throws. 7 games with 15 throws or less. 5 games with no TD passes and in the National Championship game their strategy was to not throw. He only attempted 10 passes. They had him run over 30 times. There’s a reason for that. 

Yeah, he has a lot of questions that will need to be answered. Him taking off now and getting prepped may end up being a big positive.

7 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

Most Huddlers expected Teddy to be a bottom 3rd QB before the season started.  If he is above average that would put him in the top half of the NFL.  That would be above expectations, no?

I mean, I would say top 15, sure. I didn’t expect him to be complete garbage. I expected him to be above-average to average. I don’t think he is the answer long term. 

1 minute ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

I mean, I would say top 15, sure. I didn’t expect him to be complete garbage. I expected him to be above-average to average. I don’t think he is the answer long term. 

People definitely confuse calling him average with being a low end starter. Completely don't understand that.

He's been a little better than expected as far as production and about as expected in terms of dealing with pass rush pressure. 

No real complaints from me. He's been pretty productive and hasn't hurt the team too badly(was largely responsible for one L). He's doing his job and doing it pretty damn well. 

13 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

The only spot where Teddy has been bottom third is passing touchdowns. Sam Darnold and Daniel Jones are the only QBs in the NFL to start 4 games and have less passing touchdowns than Teddy. And his 4:3 TD:INT ratio is also bottom third. Murray, Wentz, Fitzpatrick, Jones, Darnold and Cousins are the only QBs worse. Yards and completion percent have been outstanding. 

Archived