• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton test positive for COVID. Out tomorrow vs KC.

2 hours ago, raz said:

i don't think you have.  you are talking about people like they are property.

Of course all sides would have to agree! I'll go to a bubble for 3 or 4 months for good to great to oustanding pay. Many if not most would. This is all on a voluntary basis. Of course, as LG suggested, people would probably have the option to opt out again. It's far from slavery.

39 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Of course all sides would have to agree! I'll go to a bubble for 3 or 4 months for good to great to oustanding pay. Many if not most would. This is all on a voluntary basis. Of course, as LG suggested, people would probably have the option to opt out again. It's far from slavery.

not me, i would have opted out if i was in the  nba also.  these are young guys with families, gf's, bf's, kids, animals.... that's a whole lot to leave 1 parent with...  in your example you mentioned team facilities as a place for them to live permanently.  i don't think you get how crazy that is.  it'll never happen.  never.  a playoff bubble i could see. 2 cities... if we can get there which i think we can if there's flexibility and an acceptance of 'merc' players.

1 minute ago, raz said:

not me, i would have opted out if i was in the  nba also.  these are young guys with families, gf's, bf's, kids, animals.... that's a whole lot to leave 1 parent with...  in your example you mentioned team facilities as a place for them to live permanently.  i don't think you get how crazy that is.  it'll never happen.  never.  a playoff bubble i could see. 2 cities... if we can get there which i think we can if there's flexibility and an acceptance of 'merc' players.

No crazier than the NBA players playing in one spot away from their kids and families.

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

No crazier than the NBA players playing in one spot away from their kids and families.

which they all agreed to with lots and lots of great communication with a guy they actually respect and a player rep they actually respect.  before we go any further do you see where your option has a chance of exactly 0.  and this doesn't take into consideration the 1,000,000 things you haven't considered yet

32 minutes ago, raz said:

a playoff bubble seems like it would make sense tbh.  assuming we get that far.

19 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Titans fuged up royally, I think they must have became lazy about the testing. Cam is one player and so far no other positives, I know its early and postives can spring up tomorrow. 

way too early to say regarding positives etc.  it takes days.  thats why Biden isn't even really out of the clear yet completely etc, and why Titans players continue to show up positive. its not cause they are being irresponsible even after they got shut down.

4 hours ago, bull123 said:

He may just have been doing that

or maybe a mask doesn’t help at all?

They work well in other countries that have Covid under control. Ones that have a strong “anti-mask” movement like us and England are having issues...

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

Titans fuged up royally, I think they must have became lazy about the testing. Cam is one player and so far no other positives, I know its early and postives can spring up tomorrow. 

A player on the Chiefs tested positive also.

Archived