• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joel Klatt: Justin Fields is just as dangerous as Trevor Lawrence for the NFL.

nctarheelreincarnated

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Trevor or Fields would both be reasons to be excited about our future. 

Like I stated in the thread last night, when someone stated they were "tired" of hearing about Lawrence.

We have to find the light at the end of the shitty tunnel, like Shawshank Redemption. JF or TL are those lights. 

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I just dont know about fields.  Seems like it may be the system

Every QB is a system QB. Every QB has talents that play well in certain systems and not as well in others.

Labelling QBs that play well in short passing systems as "system QBs" and not QBs that play well in power run/deep ball systems is pretty dumb. Troy Aikman would be as poor a fit for the current Saints' offense as Brees would be for the 90s Cowboys' offense. 

13 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He has really high praise for TL as well.

While admittedly not a professional scout by any stretch, I’ve been around the game since 6. 
Trey Lance checks all of the boxes on film. Playing QB in the NFL involves more than physical play, but he has all of the tools and intangibles.

23 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I just dont know about fields.  Seems like it may be the system

well, I still prefer Lawerence.  The Ohio St thing does sit in the back of my mind.  

But if you watch Fields in college and Haskins in college.  They are very different IMO.  Can't get caught up w/ Haskins' stats.   He had great stats.  Probably better than Fields.  Fields is a better QB in college than Haskins IMO.  Haskins had warning signs IMO you don't see with Fields. 

1 minute ago, Mills said:

While admittedly not a professional scout by any stretch, I’ve been around the game since 6. 
Trey Lance checks all of the boxes on film. Playing QB in the NFL involves more than physical play, but he has all of the tools and intangibles.

I have him as a close #2 to Lawrence. I really like Fields but I am almost pretty scared of any Ohio St. QB at this point. 

Just now, CRA said:

well, I still prefer Lawerence.  The Ohio St thing doesn't sit in the back of my mind.  

But if you watch Fields in college and Haskins in college.  They are very different IMO.  Can't get caught up w/ Haskins' stats.   He had great stats.  Probably better than Fields.  Fields is a better QB in college than Haskins IMO.  Haskins had warning signs IMO you don't see with Fields. 

Haskins definitely had more of the look of a system QB than Fields did, IMO. 

Archived