• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If we win....

Jeremy Igo

15 minutes ago, NAS said:

Brady is done.  Father time is undefeated

There's really little evidence to support the opinion that he's done. There was plenty of "undone" Brady between a few boneheaded throws.

You must remember that this is the first time he's playing in a new offense for another franchise. 

The media meltdown even if over exaggerated would be amazing. Every game this year is going to be such a microscopic event that the scrutiny through the first 4 weeks will be like nothing we will probably experience again. I want this, neigh I need this. I would also love to see ATL lose again to sweeten things a bit. 

20 minutes ago, top dawg said:

There's really little evidence to support the opinion that he's done. There was plenty of "undone" Brady between a few boneheaded throws.

You must remember that this is the first time he's playing in a new offense for another franchise. 

It depends on your standard for Brady.  He is done as a top 10 QB, but he can still be a serviceable starting QB, but more like bottom 10. 

The deterioration started two years ago.  It was really evident last year but people kept blaming his weapons and his offensive line.  Now he has the weapons and nobody left to blame.  Both of the interceptions were terrible throws. 

He will rebound against us because of our defense but his numbers this year will be below average and his team won't even make the playoffs. 

59 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Brady is notorious for going 0-2 then generally not losing another game until the Super Bowl is won though... or was it belichick all along? 

Brady isn't notorious for doing anything with the Bucs. The Panthers are a whole new set and the Bucs are a 1/2 new set. We have the opportunity to create the narrative here. We need our pass rush to bring that heat...

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

Brady is notorious for going 0-2 then generally not losing another game until the Super Bowl is won though... or was it belichick all along? 

We all know Brady may not ever see another SB the rest of his career and retire with just 6 rings. Brady does have those ticked off moments after losing a game and he miraculously gets back to winning games through the season but that was with the Patriots. Brady will have struggles pretty much for the first time in his career without BB as HC.

At this point, Brady needs to be treated like the Broncos managed Peyton at the end of his career. He can manage a game but if you're asking him to drive the ball down the field and routinely make tough throws you're probably not going to enjoy the results. Unfortunately for the Bucs, that's Arian's offense.

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

His arm is so damn weak, and there's no evidence that he could have success outside of the Pats' system so if I were a Bucs fan I would not be getting my hopes up about this season... Brady was flat out bad much of last year.

17 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

At this point, Brady needs to be treated like the Broncos managed Peyton at the end of his career. He can manage a game but if you're asking him to drive the ball down the field and routinely make tough throws you're probably not going to enjoy the results. Unfortunately for the Bucs, that's Arian's offense.

Which is why I've said since they signed Brady it was a big mistake. They have weapons but shaky OL and Brady can't consistently make the needed throws for Arians' offense at this point in his career. Just wasting guys like Evans and Howard downfield. Winston, as stupid as he can be at times, would actually be better for them. There's a reason the guy threw for 5000 yards and 30 TDs.

Just now, t96 said:

Which is why I've said since they signed Brady it was a big mistake. They have weapons but shaky OL and Brady can't consistently make the needed throws for Arians' offense at this point in his career. Just wasting guys like Evans and Howard downfield. Winston, as stupid as he can be at times, would actually be better for them. There's a reason the guy threw for 5000 yards and 30 TDs.

Yeah, physically Winston is the much better fit. The bad part is that when you combine a naturally risk taking offense with a gun slinger mentality QB you have all the makings of a 30 INT season. If Arians had a Mahomes or Rodgers he'd be set, but then again so would practically any other offensive minded coach.

Archived