• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Look how even this is.

Jeremy Igo

7 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

So just how big was the Slye extra point miss?

Well, what would we have done on fourth down if the score had been 34-31?  

Discuss.

I seriously doubt we would've considered a 63 yard FG attempt a better opportunity than a 4th and inches attempt, especially since Rhule talked about being concerned about scoring too early to leave too much time remaining.

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I seriously doubt we would've considered a 63 yard FG attempt a better opportunity than a 4th and inches attempt, especially since Rhule talked about being concerned about scoring too early to leave too much time remaining.

Good point.   I just was tired of reading a debate on how good LV is....

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

Good point.   I just was tired of reading a debate on how good LV is....

Yeah, we all knew going into the season that this was one of the few "winnable" games on paper on the schedule. Don't shift the narrative once we lose a close one to the Raiders being good. Hell, maybe they will be. There's always a surprise team or two that significantly surpasses expectations. But in all likelihood, this is what we thought it was. A match up of two bad teams and we were the worse one.

6 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I doubt it. They're probably a top 10 draft pick team.

Yeah, they aren't a fringe playoff team. They were 7-9 last year and all 7 wins were by one score. Their winning percentage put them in a tie as the 17th best team. If you look at net points, they were 27th. Basically, their record was better than it should have been. Their point differential was in between the Jaguars and Giants. That's not a fringe playoff team.

For me the biggest takeaway was 65 plays on O and a pretty even split between pass/run. Also, only 1 punt, which is something I can't remember seeing in a long time from this team. Remember at one time a Carolina coach stating, "A punt is a good play." Fix the D and this will be a dangerous team. Stoked for the future and the growth of this team. 

Other than the last call of the game, any true Panthers fan that watched that game should have been pleased with the performance.  The team is in full rebuild mode and they looked much better than I expected.  The Panthers will be competitive this year and who knows how many wins they will get and who cares as long as they continue to improve and play hard every game, every down.  

Archived