• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chop Block on Derrick Brown?

Jeremy Igo

Incognito got away with a lot. But I was shocked with how much Abrams got away with. Samuel's first catch he got him in a rear naked choke  after the play ended and torqued back right in front of the ref. Several times in the highlight tape you can see him going after CMC; launching at his legs when he was being tackled, trying to take his head off while he's being tackled. And I swear I saw him come in late on one play and drop a knee on somebody. That dirty MF trying to step up into the biggest POS void vacated by Burfict.

3 hours ago, Captroop said:

Incognito got away with a lot. But I was shocked with how much Abrams got away with. Samuel's first catch he got him in a rear naked choke  after the play ended and torqued back right in front of the ref. Several times in the highlight tape you can see him going after CMC; launching at his legs when he was being tackled, trying to take his head off while he's being tackled. And I swear I saw him come in late on one play and drop a knee on somebody. That dirty MF trying to step up into the biggest POS void vacated by Burfict.

Yep. CMC intentionally slammed the ball in his face after a TD, because of all the trash talking and dirty hits. That should tell you a lot as that's way out of CMC's character. 

On 9/15/2020 at 10:47 AM, kungfoodude said:

It looked like there were very few holds called in any of the games. Someone suggested the league office may have told the refs to be pretty lax on the holding calls to boost watchability early in a season where people are going to be less likely to watch. I am inclined to believe that conspiracy theory. 

In the week one games, offensive holding calls were down 78% vs. last year. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/16/nfl-officials-cut-way-down-on-holding-flags-in-week-one/

Wow. That's drastic. They seemed down, but I wouldn't have guessed they were THAT down.

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

In the week one games, offensive holding calls were down 78% vs. last year. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/16/nfl-officials-cut-way-down-on-holding-flags-in-week-one/

Wow. That's drastic. They seemed down, but I wouldn't have guessed they were THAT down.

I watched quite a few games and it was very noticeable how much they weren't being called. Conspiracy theory confirmed. There is no way that happened naturally. 

On 9/15/2020 at 9:19 AM, Carolina Cajun said:

Sadly, seems about right.  I seem to remember old gruden coached teams being quite fond of cheap shots on d-linemen.

Keenan McCardell ended Kavika Pittman's career with a chop block. I remember our O linemen wearing his number under their jersey's at the second Bucs game during the Super Bowl run. 

Archived