• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who are the current and future stars of the Carolina Panthers

Jeremy Igo

Current Stars:  CMC, possibly Anderson.

Future Stars:  Moore, Chinn, Brown, Gross-Matos, Burns and maybe--possibly--Pride (I was impressed with him).

Major disappointments from week 1:  Boston (I have seen enough--he needs to go), Whitehead (there is no reason a 30-year old veteran should be making rookie mistakes--I saw no leadership), Manhertz (If your main job is to block and you get stuffed into the biggest play of the game, another occupation awaits), 

9 hours ago, top dawg said:

I could be wrong, but I believe that Robby Anderson has more name recognition than anyone on our team except CMC and maybe Teddy.

You're probably right. Him being skinny and his hair definitely made him stand out.

Now with the Sir Purr/Bear outtake from game 1 I'm sure his brand is only growing. 

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Current Stars:  CMC, possibly Anderson.

Future Stars:  Moore, Chinn, Brown, Gross-Matos, Burns and maybe--possibly--Pride (I was impressed with him).

Major disappointments from week 1:  Boston (I have seen enough--he needs to go), Whitehead (there is no reason a 30-year old veteran should be making rookie mistakes--I saw no leadership), Manhertz (If your main job is to block and you get stuffed into the biggest play of the game, another occupation awaits), 

Current Star: CMC

Possible Future Stars: Moore, Anderson, Chinn, Burns, Brown

I think that is about it. I would guess that Moore achieves star status, Anderson plays his best ball here but not ever being a true star player, Chinn probably becomes a very solid player for us, Burns ends up being a solid player for the remainder of his rookie contract for us, and Brown becomes a very dependable anchor for our DL.

I'd say Moton but I think we will end up letting him go and he will getting a nice payday elsewhere. 

39 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Current Star: CMC

Possible Future Stars: Moore, Anderson, Chinn, Burns, Brown

I think that is about it. I would guess that Moore achieves star status, Anderson plays his best ball here but not ever being a true star player, Chinn probably becomes a very solid player for us, Burns ends up being a solid player for the remainder of his rookie contract for us, and Brown becomes a very dependable anchor for our DL.

I'd say Moton but I think we will end up letting him go and he will getting a nice payday elsewhere. 

Moton crossed my mind, but he is not as consistent as I would like---smart player for the most part---he just gets beat by better athletes at times.  Maybe not fair, but he seems to allow penetration that prevents the QB from rolling out at times to buy time.

Just now, MHS831 said:

Moton crossed my mind, but he is not as consistent as I would like---smart player for the most part---he just gets beat by better athletes at times.  Maybe not fair, but he seems to allow penetration that prevents the QB from rolling out at times to buy time.

We just don't really have a history of paying money to RT's and I think he will be able to get more money than we are willing to offer. Would love to keep him but I don't think it will happen. You have to consider that we also completely and totally neglected that unit(other than trading a good LG for a good LT) this offseason. As a franchise, we continue to believe the offensive line is not worth investing in or at least not investing wisely(thanks Gettleman). 

Archived