• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should Douglas be starting over Jackson/Pride?

Jeremy Igo

100% should be starting. He could be a permanent fixture as well if he remains consistent. Problem in PHI was his strengths as a zone CB didn't jive as much in that scheme...perhaps a change of scenery is all he needed.

A 6'2" corner that just turned 25 last month is worth taking a gamble on (no pun intended). 

Jackson seems like a nickel CB to me that relies on athleticism. He could be good or pedestrian....I think he has shown equal flashes of both. 

Iron sharpens iron.

Douglas runs a 4.6 so he cannot press man. But Norman ran a 4.64 and he was ok facing the QB.   With no good S help, a slow CB can be exposed, and I see teams trying to get that matchup and look Bob Marley off.  However, we can play a cushion and jump routes when we get a decent S.  There was a deep ball early in the game that burned Boston badly---and when that happens, people tend to blame the CB.  I am for putting Hartsfield there, bring up Robinson, and send Reggae Toast to the trading block.  We know what we have in Boston---a no tackling, slow reacting center fielder.  Let's find out if we can develop what could be one of the best athletes on the team---Hartsfield. 

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Douglas runs a 4.6 so he cannot press man. But Norman ran a 4.64 and he was ok facing the QB.   With no good S help, a slow CB can be exposed, and I see teams trying to get that matchup and look Bob Marley off.  However, we can play a cushion and jump routes when we get a decent S.  There was a deep ball early in the game that burned Boston badly---and when that happens, people tend to blame the CB.  I am for putting Hartsfield there, bring up Robinson, and send Reggae Toast to the trading block.  We know what we have in Boston---a no tackling, slow reacting center fielder.  Let's find out if we can develop what could be one of the best athletes on the team---Hartsfield. 

The Legion of Boom made a living off of playing press with 4.6 CBs, but they had Earl Thomas on the back end to take care of the deep third.

4 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Dounglas, Brown, Chinn, Roy and burris at times where the only ones playing with effort. Snow got his plate FULL on how to figure this problem out. There was a reason the panthers spent all draft picks on D, maybe need to do that next year too.... 

They will be dumpster diving throughout this season...I hope.   Because they need help just about everywhere except maybe DT.   KK should have been cut instead of extending.  He is just going through the motions.   It's a mess.

Archived