• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should Douglas be starting over Jackson/Pride?

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, bababoey said:

Yes he looked much more consistent than Jackson ever has but what is Jackson injury?  Is it a twisted ankle or knee or leg or what? I just never heard. 

The announcers said they were retapping his ankle before he disappeared permanently from the game, so it sounds like he may have a lingering ankle thing.

When Jackson left it looked like the D improved. Time to try him at nickel or sit him. Douglas looked solid and Pride looked solid for a rookie CB.

Manhertz, Jackson, Boston and Whitehead looked like garbage. Only one game but damn it wasn't good for them.

18 minutes ago, Waldo said:

When Jackson left it looked like the D improved. Time to try him at nickel or sit him. Douglas looked solid and Pride looked solid for a rookie CB.

Manhertz, Jackson, Boston and Whitehead looked like garbage. Only one game but damn it wasn't good for them.

I know Pride got beat once but that was an excellent throw and catch. Other than that, I was very impressed with him. I thought most of the youngsters that played looked decent to good. Hard for the defensive line to flash as much facing the kind of OL unit they were but I saw some good things from them on individual plays. 

Over Jackson yes, Pride not yet. Honestly think Jackson may be better suited for slot or as a backup at this point, severely overrated in my opinion. Pride will make mistakes, but if yesterday was an indicator, we may have actually got some talent outside of the first 3 rounds of the draft which is a miracle with Hurney, and hopefully indicative of Rhule for the future. 

4 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

To my eyes, Douglas looked like an actual NFL corner yesterday after only 4 days on the team. 

He will be starting soon, yes? no?

He looked good.  I’d say start him over Jackson and Lee Troy as CB2.  Troy had a solid game and should only get better.  

Archived