• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A few observations vs Las Vegas

ColumbusCounty

Not really thrilled more than half our line played on that 2015 Broncos team. 

They are Panthers's now though and they showed up. 

My only knock would be the excessive holding but that's to be expected. This was the best I've seen a Carolina Oline in a while. My biggest surprise was Paradis. I didn't watch him every play but he looked better than last season. 

All I've wanted for the last few seasons on offense was an average to above average offensive line and an NFL caliber WR group. This is probably premature but I think we received both this season. However, I'd switch positions between Robbie and DJ Moore. 

Teddy was... as I expected him. He's like an upgraded version of Kyle Allen minus the turnovers. Still need to see more. Made a couple beautiful passes and mistimed a few. 

I think our Dline will be just fine, we just need to work on containing the edges more. Carr reminds me of Brees with how quick he gets rid of the ball. Which is the reason we didnt have many sacks this game. 

The linebackers we're underwhelming as I expected. Whitehead is a reserve not a starter Imo. And if today was any indication, Shaq was overpaid. Should have kept Bradberry.

Speaking of CB's, Douglas looked good for a recent pickup. As did Pride Jr for a rookie...impressive for his first start. Although I have a feeling if Ruggs didnt get knocked out the game, this would have been another conversation. Next week expect them to be tested heavily. 

Safety play was erratic. Still need to see more. 

Biggest surprise and winners on D: Chinn (suprise) ..D Brown (winner).

Biggest Letdown on D: Whitehead, Shaq and Boston.

Biggest surprise and winners on O: Paradis (suprise)... Anderson & CMC (winners)

Letdown: Curtis Samuel .. and I actually like Curtis. Seth Robert's may take that #3 role if he doesnt step up soon. Gotta put your best foot forward especially in a contract year.

The special teams has improved, atleast the returning outlook. Cooper looks good back there so far.

No, we didnt pick up the win but we do have alot to look forward and build with. I'm optimistic for the future. 

We did pretty good for a new team on every level without a preseason. Almost hard to guage... The question is just how good are the Raiders?

Archived