• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Guess who led the team in tackles today?

Jeremy Igo

21 minutes ago, BPF said:

Chinn is everything the team wanted from Thompson when they drafted him, and I hope he continues to get better each and every week. Had glimpses of TD in his prime with the flying around and way he tackles. My favorite memories of TD was when we would play the aints and he would wreck Jimmy Graham a few times when he was going into routes, and then Graham would be scared to catch over the middle. Hope Chinn gets to instilling fear into other teams as well. 

They're not even comparable situations though.

TD was still active at a high level when Shaq came in as both an heir to WLB + injury insurance (same reason Funchess was drafted in the 2nd round). In his rookie season, Shaq only played in 17 snaps and strictly as the Sam on the 15-1 Super Bowl-bound squad during week one against the Jaguars. Chinn came in and was expected to start immediately as a SS that could also play the Sam. He played 63 snaps on a team in a rebuild vs Las Vegas.

Shaq was also coached by Rivera who was notorious for keeping young talent on the bench in favour of aged vets. Chinn, as mentioned, is part of a rebuild.

Don't get me wrong, Chinn looks good and so does Brown. I'm eager to see how Pride Jr responds to the coaching after this game and throughout the season. If he can show continual improvement, we're gonna have ourselves a good defense in a year or so :o

Did anyone notice Gross-Matos? I was primarily watching Brown and Chinn but Gross-Matos never flashed on the field for me while guys like Burns, Roy, Obada, and Weatherly were all getting involved. Didn't notice Yetur nor KK tho.

11 minutes ago, Icege said:

They're not even comparable situations though.

TD was still active at a high level when Shaq came in as both an heir to WLB + injury insurance (same reason Funchess was drafted in the 2nd round). In his rookie season, Shaq only played in 17 snaps and strictly as the Sam on the 15-1 Super Bowl-bound squad during week one against the Jaguars. Chinn came in and was expected to start immediately as a SS that could also play the Sam. He played 63 snaps on a team in a rebuild vs Las Vegas.

Shaq was also coached by Rivera who was notorious for keeping young talent on the bench in favour of aged vets. Chinn, as mentioned, is part of a rebuild.

Im talking more on the perspective of rookie TD and rookie Shaq. I see your point, however, people always forget TD was drafted as a safety to primarily spy Vick and was all over the field pretty much like we saw Chinn. Shaq was touted as the heir apparent, and didnt have the same style, much like when Klein would spell Luke. For me that is something that has been missing from the D for a couple of seasons now, we used to see bodies all around the ball, but for some reason its like guys dont want contact and that aspect has been way down. Basically what I'm trying to say is Chinn has me excited where as Shaq isnt terrible, but at this point we know how he is, and I don't see as much ceiling for him. Again this is completely due to the bounty of riches we have had on defense in the past. Also, I agree with your point on the Dline, and think KK came to collect a nice paycheck and give minimal effort. 

50 minutes ago, BPF said:

Im talking more on the perspective of rookie TD and rookie Shaq. I see your point, however, people always forget TD was drafted as a safety to primarily spy Vick and was all over the field pretty much like we saw Chinn. Shaq was touted as the heir apparent, and didnt have the same style, much like when Klein would spell Luke. For me that is something that has been missing from the D for a couple of seasons now, we used to see bodies all around the ball, but for some reason its like guys dont want contact and that aspect has been way down. Basically what I'm trying to say is Chinn has me excited where as Shaq isnt terrible, but at this point we know how he is, and I don't see as much ceiling for him. Again this is completely due to the bounty of riches we have had on defense in the past. Also, I agree with your point on the Dline, and think KK came to collect a nice paycheck and give minimal effort. 

TD was like a gift from Heaven when we drafted him in to spy Vick

(シ_ _)シ †D

Archived