• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Quick Question: KK Short

Jeremy Igo

bahaha where’s all his nut huggers that bashed the hell out of me when I said it was really fuging stupid to sign him to so much money after 1 good year that wasn’t even his most recent? He’s was paid for 2015 EVEN after he started going downhill in 2016 and 2017 BEFORE injury lol what a joke.

5 minutes ago, onmyown said:

bahaha where’s all his nut huggers that bashed the hell out of me when I said it was really fuging stupid to sign him to so much money after 1 good year that wasn’t even his most recent? He’s was paid for 2015 EVEN after he started going downhill in 2016 and 2017 BEFORE injury lol what a joke.

While I think I’ve been the biggest cut Short guy here ;), he was still very good in 2016 and 2017. He had a ton of QB hits, TFLs, tackles and 13.5 sacks which is very good for DT not named Donald. He started to tail off in 2018 and honestly it wouldn’t have been a bad dead cap to release him before 2019, but then we restructured him, he got hurt and Hurney felt like we had to keep him. There’s no reason to have kept him after last year. Cutting him before last year would have been perfect timing but we went all out to compete.

13 minutes ago, stbugs said:

While I think I’ve been the biggest cut Short guy here ;), he was still very good in 2016 and 2017. He had a ton of QB hits, TFLs, tackles and 13.5 sacks which is very good for DT not named Donald. He started to tail off in 2018 and honestly it wouldn’t have been a bad dead cap to release him before 2019, but then we restructured him, he got hurt and Hurney felt like we had to keep him. There’s no reason to have kept him after last year. Cutting him before last year would have been perfect timing but we went all out to compete.

In those years kk was above average, he played like a top 15 DT - problem is the Panthers paid him as if he was a top 5. Those years should have made it obvious that Star was a huge factor for his success. That is another reason why his contract was stupid.

His extension, well I got flamed for that too, but that was beyond stupid.

KK was paid out of desperation since Star was gone.  All the Panthers bad contracts seem to be out of desperation or to preserve a fan/Hurney favorite.

Archived