• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy's 75 yard TD to Anderson, longest since...

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

It’s been said on this very forum that we should move on from cam because his arm is shot and he can’t stretch the field and defenses will zone in on that. The owner of this site saying his arm won’t last a full season. That may turn out to be true. We don’t know. But signing a guy who throws ducks deep when we have 3 INSANELY fast WRs is going to get us exposed very quickly. 

there are a lot of ways to use fast WRs and I think we are going to see how well that works out as the season progresses. This offense is clearly not predicated on particularly deep balls, so he may fit it. 

my point is the qb doesn’t match what we need to be able to do on offense. I understand he knows the system or whatever or he’s just a stop gap. But poo I’d rather throw Grier out there and hope for the best, save that money and get a high draft pick.

I don't think that is true.  I think Bridgewater likely does match what we want/need to do on offense.  He did produce nearly 300 yards of total offense, which isn't bad, and he certainly is not the reason we gave up another career performance to a RB.

1 minute ago, AggieLean said:

Who was more accurate? Your boy said Cam didn’t make any good throws.

I didn’t mention anything about QBR or who had longer throws.

Cam only attempted 19 passes today compared to Teddy's 34. Smart of New England to limit his throwing. It may be the only way his shoulder makes it through a season in tact. We have seen it all before, multiple times. 

8 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Cam was threading the needle and making good throws all game. Did you watch any of his game?

He was also more accurate.

As for points, he didn’t need to put up more than Teddy

I was actually watching the Panthers game.  Just saw the highlights.  But to say that a quarterback and didn’t put up more points because he didn’t have to is absolutely asinine and ridiculous

2 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

there are a lot of ways to use fast WRs and I think we are going to see how well that works out as the season progresses. This offense is clearly not predicated on particularly deep balls, so he may fit it.

I’m talking about future games when there is tape on this offense.

ill remember this post

Just now, Jeremy Igo said:

Cam only attempted 19 passes today compared to Teddy's 34. Smart of New England to limit his throwing. It may be the only way his shoulder makes it through a season in tact. We have seen it all before, multiple times. 

You still didn’t answer the question. Who was more accurate? I get you trying to protect Smithers and his comment, but who was more accurate? Your boy said Cam didn’t make any good throws, or atleast any that were better than Cam, and that’s clearly a lie. 

If Cam threw 34 times, based on his 15-19 throwing, he would’ve still been more accurate lol

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

I’m talking about future games when there is tape on this offense.

ill remember this post

go for it. there will be tape on the offense, but there's also going to be additional time for the players to develop chemistry and to get used to running the plays themselves.

1 minute ago, Smithers said:

I was actually watching the Panthers game.  Just saw the highlights.  But to say that a quarterback and didn’t put up more points because he didn’t have to is absolutely asinine and ridiculous

You flat out lied when you said Teddy had better throws, as I was someone who watched both games. 

1 minute ago, AggieLean said:

You still didn’t answer the question. Who was more accurate? I get you trying to protect Smithers and his comment, but who was more accurate? Your boy said Cam didn’t make any good throws, or atleast any that were better than Cam, and that’s clearly a lie. 

If Cam threw 34 times, based on his 15-19 throwing, he would’ve still been more accurate lol

I didn't watch the game, i can't say. Did Cam have as many drops as Teddy did?

2 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

You flat out lied when you said Teddy had better throws, as I was someone who watched both games. 

Well if you watched the both games then you should probably stay off of this board and stop pretending to be a Panthers fan.  Move on dude

Just now, Pantherxtreme said:

Cam Newton (15-19) 155 yards 0 tds 0 Ints.

Teddy Bridgewater (22-34) 270 yards 1 Td 0 Ints

Yall boy in New England not "airing" it out and hasn't for a while. 

Teddy played great today and if we had any type of defense we win this game going away. 

Take a look at the rushing yards & total TDs.  I'm not trying to knock Teddy and clearly am optimistic about how the offense here will perform.  But Cam did what he needed to.  I only caught a couple drives on highlights, but Cam looked good.  He wasn't asked to throw for 300 yards so we don't know if he would have, but he did drive his team to enough TD drives to win the game comfortably.

Just now, Smithers said:

Well if you watched the both games then you should probably stay off of this board and stop pretending to be a Panthers fan.  Move on dude

Deflect and caught in a lie. You are not the fan police, and I can still be a fan of the panthers and Cam.

The arrogance, thinking you can tell me how to be a fan lol. I don’t have to pretend. I’m from Winston, been a fan of the panthers since I was 10(going on 32 now) and been on this board since 2008. Just face that you were caught in a lie or some fake news. You said Cam made no good throws, and Teddy had better throws and I called you on that lie. @Jeremy Igo tried to protect you but it is what it is

Archived